Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

How Tall is MC?
Posted By: Sep7imusDate: 10/21/02 5:50 p.m.

Remember this thread?
Anyway, I thought I had figured out an easy way to measure this, but it came up screwy.
Here is what I did.
Multiplayer.
NAV points turned on.
Each player has a specified target.
2 players.

So, the nav points show the distance between the two players, and since there are only two players, when they look at each other, the distances are the same. Got it?
So, I figured that having one MC stand on the other would give me the height, right? Like, if it measure the distance from their heads to their heads, then that distance would be the height, and if it measured from some spot on their torsoes, then that would be the height, etc.
But, it didn't work. The distance from the MC on top to the MC on the bottom is 1.0m .obviously too short. And the distance from the MC on the bottom to the one on top is 3.2m, obviously too tall. So, it must measure FROM one point on the MC's body (near the middle) and TO a different point (like his head). I think.
If so, then that would mean, I think, that the average of those two distances (2.1m) would be MC's height, right? Someone who can do basic math should verify whether this is right or not.

So, here are two (fairly crudely rendered) MC's standing on top of one another. (Crap, I can't get this to show up right in the preview. Look at the source of my mesage below for what it is supposed to look like. And why does it treat this so screwily?)

0 ---top MC's head---------------------
T -top torso----------------- |
A -legs 1.0m 3.2m
0 ---bottom MC's head--------- |
T -bottom torso-----------------------
A -legs

-Sep7imus (Did that make any sense?)

Message Index

Replies:

How Tall is MC?Sep7imus 10/21/02 5:50 p.m.
     Re: How Tall is MC?Louis Wu 10/21/02 7:49 p.m.
           Re: How Tall is MC?Sep7imus 10/21/02 8:40 p.m.
                 Re: How Tall is MC?Louis Wu 10/21/02 9:06 p.m.
                       Re: How Tall is MC?Sep7imus 10/21/02 10:45 p.m.
                             Re: How Tall is MC?Louis Wu 10/22/02 4:10 a.m.
                                   Re: How Tall is MC?skavenger_s7 10/22/02 8:40 a.m.
                                         Argh... too much...math....shields fading....Scalrag 10/22/02 10:04 a.m.
                                               Re: Argh... too much...math....shields fading....Sep7imus 10/22/02 1:11 p.m.
                                   Re: How Tall is MC?Wes Marden 10/22/02 8:56 p.m.
     Re: How Tall is MC?Uriel 10/22/02 1:34 p.m.
           Re: How Tall is MC?Sep7imus 10/22/02 1:40 p.m.
                 Re: How Tall is MC?Uriel 10/22/02 6:03 p.m.
                       Re: How Tall is MC?Master_Chef 10/22/02 8:06 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.