Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Halo 2 shown at renton!
Posted By: Cino <nsherman@u.washington.edu>Date: 8/17/02 7:13 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Halo 2 shown at renton! (Shishka)

I know I will be flamed if I just repeate what has been released or descirbe the pictures that have been released so I will try to fill in of the finer details of what I remember that hastn been covered already (there are some online reviews of the trailer that give info as well but I will stay away from repeating info). Ok first of inbetween cut scenes of the master chief their is typed out computer'eske objectives. For instance one of them I think was "Destroy covanant forces" then there is a "..." and then it says "completed" there are like 3 other objectives that all relate to what you did in halo 1 all of which display as completed (this objectives show one by one and inbetween are cutscenes similar to the pictures released) As the story unfolds (by the way not much story except what we already know about earth being attacked) you see the master chief go through doors and equip himself with that rifle like gun in the pictures. By the way I dont think this was in any of the pictures but as he is walking a side panel pops open where there are 3 or 4 guns and he picks up one of them. Again during all this you hear 2 earth army types talking back and forth about how they are being over run and attacked. I am a little foggy on the details of that conversation but it seems they were both arguing over a stratagy of attack. At this point cortana cuts in and says "reinforcments are ready" the army types answer back "what type of reinforcments could help us know" of course sarcasticaly master chief stands their for his money shot. What else can I say....oh the airlock scene is really cool. Master chief holds on to a metal handel hanging from the ceiling and pulls on it to open the bay. there are two bay doors with a column in the middle where the chief is holding on this camera angle is from the inside and shows a bunch of debris fly out as the pressure differense changes. The rest has already been told how he jumps out and free falls to earth. The music during the free fall is the original halo monk theme from the intro of halo 1. From what I read going into this I thought he would land on the covenant ship but he actually never touches down. As he is falling the ship comes into view underneath him and it is assumed he lands on it but that is never actually shown. Ok thats all I know. Again contact someone else if you dont believe me, hopefully someone will back me up on this within the next couple of days.

-Cino

Message Index

Replies:

Halo 2 shown at renton!Cino 8/17/02 5:03 p.m.
     I call bullshit. *NM*Nijhazer 8/17/02 5:20 p.m.
           100% Bullshit-FreeMatt 8/17/02 7:44 p.m.
                 Re: 100% Bullshit-FreeCino 8/17/02 8:13 p.m.
                 Re: 100% Bullshit-FreeCino 8/17/02 8:19 p.m.
                 Re: 100% Bullshit-FreeStrato99l 8/17/02 8:50 p.m.
                       Re: 100% Bullshit-FreeCino 8/17/02 9:07 p.m.
                             Re: 100% Bullshit-FreeCount Zero 8/17/02 9:38 p.m.
                                   Re: 100% Bullshit-FreeCino 8/17/02 10:51 p.m.
                 Skeletor's sinister plotSkeletor 8/18/02 1:36 a.m.
                       Re: Skeletor's sinister plotUriel 8/18/02 3:16 a.m.
                 Re: 100% Bullshit-FreeHalo-Wannabe 8/18/02 11:21 a.m.
     Re: Halo 2 shown at renton!Cino 8/17/02 6:38 p.m.
           Re: Halo 2 shown at renton!Shishka 8/17/02 7:00 p.m.
                 Re: Halo 2 shown at renton!Cino 8/17/02 7:13 p.m.
                       Re: Halo 2 shown at renton!Cino 8/17/02 7:15 p.m.
                             Re: Halo 2 shown at renton!Jacke 8/17/02 7:26 p.m.
                             Re: Halo 2 shown at renton!Halo-Wannabe 8/17/02 7:27 p.m.
                                   Re: Halo 2 shown at renton!Louis Wu 8/17/02 7:30 p.m.
                                         Re: Halo 2 shown at renton!Halo-Wannabe 8/17/02 7:35 p.m.
                                               Re: Halo 2 shown at renton!Louis Wu 8/17/02 7:50 p.m.
                                                     PROVE IT!! ;) *NM*Psyrixx 8/17/02 8:53 p.m.
                                   Re: Halo 2 shown at renton!Cino 8/17/02 7:31 p.m.
           I apologize, sir.Nijhazer 8/18/02 1:42 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.