glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: HNC Regional Tourny Results (Plano, TX)
Posted By: Cino <nsherman@u.washington.edu>Date: 8/17/02 7:01 p.m.

In Response To: HNC Regional Tourny Results (Plano, TX) (909)

Sounds like a blast, my experience over here in the Renton match up started crappy but proved be very challanging. Because of controller issues we had to start 2 hours late but once the gamming began all that flew right out the window. Intense matches, some complained about the default settings of oddball. Apperently there was some confusion if there should be indicators or not. Someone told me that the default if you create a game is different then the default if you modify oddball itself. So needless to say there was some commosion. We ended up playing without indicators which was a first for me but ended up proving better in my mind. The games went a little faster this way and made the competition more fierce, especially for thouse competitors with great hidding spots. Of course you can still use your radar to spot the ball so it wasnt to bad. I placed second in my heat well behind the first place winnner in time though. As for rat race I loved the speed and quickness. No 45 min game with that! It was the last heat of the tourny and I had to get first to tie with someone else who had already palced 2nd and 1st in both games. I was 10 seconds behind the leader on the last lap but he got the best of me. He ended up winning that taking first in rat race and also first in bg for a perfect 16 points. It would have been a great 3 way damnation tie if it went my way but hats off to 1st and 2nd place! I ended up getting 2nd and 2nd in both games which placed me 3rd but it was all a blast. Finally I can stop playing this addicting game for a couple of months. Good luck to all thouse who won their competitions and good luck in nationals.

-Cino

By the way I know no one believes me that they showed halo 2 trailer at netwerk games in renton but I am honestly telling the truth. You can either call or email the director of that event and he will tell you the same thing. I only can hope that some of the other players from renton can back me up on this before people start flaming :-)

Message Index

Replies:

HNC Regional Tourny Results (Plano, TX)909 8/17/02 6:26 p.m.
     Re: HNC Regional Tourny Results (Plano, TX)Cino 8/17/02 7:01 p.m.
     Re: HNC Regional Tourny ResultsDOWNTOWN 8/19/02 4:39 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.