Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: On my last visit to the local EB...
Posted By: Lophan <lophan@bungie.org>Date: 3/17/02 11:00 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Phew (Matt)

To be fair to Titanium Pez, I was in an EB last week (at the King of Prussia Mall, no less) and got into a near verbal-brawl with some clerk there who was going on and on to some patron about how the M$ marketing rep said that Microsoft is definitely releasing a "Halo 1.5" once the Xbox-online hits the streets.

Being the crusader that I am (::cough::), I politely said that no such project was in the works and that the game itself (er... Halo) doesn't have the "hooks" necessary to patch the game. You would have thought I was anally-raping the clerks gradmother while pouring sugar in his gas tank! (enjoy the movie ref)

After a few exchanges, I say "Okay, you're right..." and just continue to browse. Two minutes later, the guy comes over to me and starts naming all the local MS reps that said Halo 1.5 is coming out and that I don't know sheat. I then clamly tell him that word from Bungie (strangely, he had no idea what "Bungie" was :P ) is that there is no such game/patch/add-on in development and if they say there ain't one, then that's it. He gets in my face and tells me I don't know crap (this guy has stones... I was at least 7 inches taller and had 50 lbs on him)... so I run off a few names of my own :) Also strangely, he didn't know who Matt Soell or Max Hoberman were, but I do think he got a twinkle in his eye when I mentioned Marty O'Donnell :P

The moral of this long-winded and pointless story is that these retail schmos only know what the MS reps are telling them... and apparently some of these reps are completely lost and are providing misinformation to their retailers and gumming up the works.

Titanium Pez: next time, just smile and nod your head. Some just can't be saved. They'll wish they were one of The Faithful when the Day of Reckoning (Bungie-style) is nigh.

-Loph
lophan@bungie.org

Message Index

Replies:

*Halo 1.5??*TitaniumPez 3/17/02 11:11 a.m.
     It's bogus. 100% bogus. *NM**Ar-Isildur of *WP* 3/17/02 11:13 a.m.
     PhewDjof 3/17/02 12:13 p.m.
           Re: PhewTitaniumPez 3/17/02 3:17 p.m.
                 Re: Phewvector40 3/17/02 4:14 p.m.
                 Re: PhewMatt 3/17/02 5:44 p.m.
                       Re: Phew*Ar-Isildur of *WP* 3/17/02 9:00 p.m.
                       Re: On my last visit to the local EB...Lophan 3/17/02 11:00 p.m.
     Re: *Halo 1.5??*Tirion of *WP* 3/17/02 3:48 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.