Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

First review...
Posted By: Miguel Chavez <bs@bungie.org>Date: 6/4/02 11:23 a.m.

In Response To: LOUIS WU!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Otizz)

(warning: brutal honesty being dispensed)

It's 'OK' nothing really amazing.

Some tips:

There's no need to hold the text up for that long, although I could tell that you were merely padding it out until the music kicked into (relatively) hi-gear. A text page should only be up for a few seconds, maybe a bit more depending on how much text there is. Anything longer and it starts to feel like it's dragging. 20 seconds for those first sparse 3 text screens just felt like forever to me.

The split screen coop on POA and Halo maps didn't seem like any great showcase of talent, which I then wonder why they were included in the first place. As a matter of fact, the person playing on POA seems a little 'newbiesh' to me in terms of how stiff the player moved. Maybe I'm just not getting it?

Here's another tip: there's no need to use a song all the way through. You can find a good break in the song where you can break-away or fade-out. Especially when you're using that dance/techno music, it's so evenly spaced, it's easy to find a point where you can splice pieces of it together and make it shorter.

As for the rest of it... it's puzzling that you curse at Bungie for not getting the PC version out, but yet you thank them for making the game in the first place! :-/ I figure you're kinda joking, but really, if I were them I don't know if I'd feel so complimented.

My 2 centavos.

:-)

Message Index

Replies:

LOUIS WU!!!!!!!!!!!!!Otizz 6/4/02 7:27 a.m.
     Re: LOUIS WU!!!!!!!!!!!!!Louis Wu 6/4/02 8:19 a.m.
     First review...Miguel Chavez 6/4/02 11:23 a.m.
           Re: Second review...Warbow 6/4/02 12:08 p.m.
                 Re: Second review...axman 6/4/02 10:40 p.m.
           Review...WereTiger 6/4/02 4:22 p.m.
                 I think...Louis Wu 6/4/02 9:04 p.m.
                       Re: I think...Lucid 6/5/02 2:32 a.m.
                             Re: I think...Louis Wu 6/5/02 5:25 p.m.
                       Re: I think...WereTiger 6/6/02 1:54 a.m.
     tag it a spoilerJeffK 6/5/02 9:24 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.