Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

What is the standard for "something to report?"
Posted By: Gromit <gromit59@mac.com>Date: 2/9/02 11:54 a.m.

In Response To: Bungie's communication? We're still here. (Hethal)

I realize there was a commitment to providing a weekly update during X-Box Halo's development, and there will, understandably, be less interesting stuff happening during the port, but the X-Box version of Halo generated more than its share of updates like:

"Friday, September 28, 2001
Because I have so little to say this week, I'm falling back on the old saw "a picture is worth a thousand words" and artificially inflating the word count of this week's Halo Update with the inclusion of a screenshot. Enjoy. (Screenshot is 1024x768 .JPG, 427 KB)"

"Friday, July 27, 2001
Again, plenty of bugfixing this week... making the big subsystems work so we can get to the little details."

"Friday, October 6, 2000
Technically this post cannot exist because everyone knows I never post to Rampancy.net. :-)

Another slow news week draws to an end, and nothing new to chew on. What to do?"

This leads me to wonder just how different the standard will be for providing updates on the desktop versions. Are we just going to hear about stuff like first playable, beta, and gold master? Is there perhaps a desire, conscious or unconscious, not to give too much publicity to the desktop version while the X-Box version is still high in its interest curve?

Gromit

: Hoping Matt may catch this over the weekend.

: We all know well that if Bungie isn't giving us updates on the PC/Mac
: versions of Halo that there must not be much to give other than
: speculation, which we have learned to be a rather Bad Thing (TM). Why be
: impatient and ask for a weekly update, or hell, even ONE update on the
: progress, if its just going to be the same old boring "we're fixing a
: bug in the *blah blah blah* code?"

: Well I'm asking for something, ANYTHING, just for communications sake. It
: gives a sense of security, just to hear someone say "We've been
: working really hard at porting all the code this week." We're
: certainly not ignorant, we know you're working on it, and we don't need
: confirmation again and again to put our fears to rest (well, some of us).
: Its just a comment or two that sets well in the stomach. So if I get on my
: knees and beg... ?

Message Index

Replies:

Bungie's communication? We're still here.Hethal 2/8/02 8:25 p.m.
     Re: Bungie's communication? We're still here.Nijhazer 2/8/02 9:43 p.m.
           Re: Bungie's communication? We're still here.vector40 2/8/02 9:54 p.m.
                 Re: Bungie's communication? We're still here.Hethal 2/8/02 10:45 p.m.
                       Re: Bungie's communication? We're still here.Nijhazer 2/9/02 12:11 p.m.
                             Re: Bungie's communication? We're still here.Hethal 2/10/02 5:55 p.m.
                 Re: Bungie's communication? We're still here.Nijhazer 2/9/02 12:12 p.m.
                       Re: Bungie's communication? We're still here.Hethal 2/10/02 5:55 p.m.
           Re: Bungie's communication? We're still here.Hethal 2/8/02 10:48 p.m.
                 Re: Bungie's communication? We're still here.Count Zero 2/9/02 1:19 a.m.
                       Re: Bungie's communication? We're still here.Hethal 2/9/02 11:32 a.m.
                             Re: Bungie's communication? We're still here.Nijhazer 2/9/02 11:48 a.m.
                                   Re: Bungie's communication? We're still here.Hethal 2/10/02 5:58 p.m.
                             Re: Bungie's communication? We're still here.Count Zero 2/9/02 12:47 p.m.
                                   I'm sorry, did I miss a memo?Gromit 2/9/02 4:14 p.m.
                                         Re: I'm sorry, did I miss a memo?Count Zero 2/9/02 5:22 p.m.
                                               Re: I'm sorry, did I miss a memo?vector40 2/9/02 7:17 p.m.
                                               Re: I'm sorry, did I miss a memo?Hethal 2/10/02 6:21 p.m.
                                   Re: Bungie's communication? We're still here.Chez Wiz 2/9/02 5:21 p.m.
                                         Re: Bungie's communication? We're still here.Count Zero 2/9/02 6:14 p.m.
                                         Re: Bungie's communication? We're still here.Nijhazer 2/9/02 11:27 p.m.
                                               Re: Bungie's communication? We're still here.vector40 2/9/02 11:47 p.m.
                             Contents: One (1) Chill Pill. Ingest As Necessary.Matt 2/9/02 6:32 p.m.
                                   Contents (1) : Satisfied customer. Joyful.Miguel Chavez 2/9/02 6:41 p.m.
                                         Re: Contents (1) : Hysterical customer. Paranoia.•Mimer 2/10/02 3:25 p.m.
                                         Re: Contents (1) : Satisfied customer. Joyful.Hethal 2/10/02 6:37 p.m.
                                               Re: Contents (1) : Satisfied customer. Joyful.Andrew Nagy 2/11/02 6:15 p.m.
                                                     Contents above seemed funny at the time *NM*Andrew Nagy 2/11/02 7:38 p.m.
                                                     Re: Contents (1) : Satisfied customer. Joyful.Hethal 2/11/02 9:08 p.m.
                                                           Re: Contents (1) : Satisfied customer. Joyful.vector40 2/11/02 10:01 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Contents (1) : Satisfied customer. Joyful.Hethal 2/12/02 10:45 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Contents (1) : Satisfied customer. Joyful.vector40 2/12/02 9:00 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Contents (1) : Satisfied customer. Joyful.Hethal 2/13/02 8:40 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Contents (1) : Satisfied customer. Joyful.vector40 2/13/02 9:27 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Contents (1) : Satisfied customer. Joyful.Andrew Nagy 2/17/02 6:27 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Contents (1) : Satisfied customer. Joyful.vector40 2/17/02 6:35 p.m.
                                                                                         WHY???!!! *NM*Andrew Nagy 2/21/02 7:49 a.m.
                                                                                               Because nobody loves you anymore. Okay? *NM*vector40 2/21/02 8:58 p.m.
                                                                                                     What? *NM*sagging jowls 2/25/02 8:16 p.m.
                                   Re: Contents: One (1) Chill Pill. Ingest As NecessHethal 2/10/02 6:43 p.m.
                                   Re:(1) Chill Pilleor 2/28/02 2:22 p.m.
     What is the standard for "something to report?"Gromit 2/9/02 11:54 a.m.
           Re: What is the standard for "something to report?Matt 2/9/02 6:51 p.m.
                 Re: What is the standard for "something to report?Gromit 2/9/02 7:27 p.m.
                 Re: What is the standard for "something to report?Spongecake 2/11/02 2:27 p.m.
                       Re: What is the standard for "something to report?vector40 2/11/02 8:45 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.