Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Hogs on top of Cartographer & other oddities
Posted By: Reidbo <reidbo@mindspring.com>Date: 1/30/02 2:01 p.m.

Inspired by R.G., I was finally able to get a Warthog on top of Cartographer.

Having killed about six marines without any of them dropping any nades, I was able to wedge the hog in the rock and then toss plasma then frag grenades. With the right timing they go off together,launching the hog skywards. From there it's a couple of rocket shots.

Something else very curious happened while doing this. While wedging a hog in the rock, the MC was placed on top of the map when exiting the hog. It's real tricky, and I've only been able to duplicate it twice. The hog was facing downhill, leaning to it's left side, wedged in the rock. Look to the right side of the hog so that you can see Halo going up into the sky, and line up the chaingun's plate armor shield(which will be the highest part of the hog) between the highest point of the rock and Halo (in the sky). Usually the MC will exit on top of the rock but if you got it lined up right he goes topside.

One last thing. Twice I rolled the hog on the pathway and fell thru the map, landing underwater. Odd. I had the overshield once and survived the landing, and started walking around, only to get respawned in about ten seconds.

Once again, thanks to R.G. The vid kicks ass!
-Reidbo

Message Index

Replies:

Hogs on top of Cartographer & other odditiesReidbo 1/30/02 2:01 p.m.
     dropping grenades and Marine's ammo supplyR.G. 1/30/02 4:01 p.m.
           Re: dropping grenades and Marine's ammo supplyFrogBlast 1/30/02 9:44 p.m.
                 Re: dropping grenades and Marine's ammo supply-=d_dawg=- 2/10/02 11:48 a.m.
                       Re: dropping grenades and Marine's ammo supplyReidbo 2/10/02 12:40 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.