glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Some cool tricks no one knows about...
Posted By: ferrexDate: 1/12/02 1:20 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Some cool tricks no one knows about... (peekow)

: annoucing halo at macworld,
: then releasing it on the XBox. that' was a low blow.

Uhh... you're aware that almost a year passed between that announcement and the decision to move to the XBox, a decision which was based on information not available any earlier than that? Or do you honestly not believe that the gaming industry is a static thing in which nothing ever changes?

: they could've released the game on mac/pc and made a fortune...they
: ruined their chances of becoming a major company like ID software, or
: activision.

I don't think you understand the degree to which console titles outsell PC titles. In the two months since launch, Halo has sold not tens of thousands of units, but hundreds of thousands of units. I believe that Myth 2, Bungie's previously best selling game, sold somewhere between three and four hundred thousand units.

And I also don't believe you're paying attention to what's happening in the PC industry. How many PC development houses have gone under in the last year? From a purely financial standpoint, moving to XBox development seems like a no brainer to me.

Cheers,
rex

Message Index

Replies:

Some cool tricks no one knows about...Chad 1/11/02 3:38 p.m.
     Re: Some cool tricks no one knows about...Impact 1/11/02 3:50 p.m.
           Re: Some cool tricks no one knows about...peekow 1/11/02 5:08 p.m.
                 Re: Some cool tricks no one knows about...Tonatiuh 1/11/02 7:27 p.m.
                 Re: Some cool tricks no one knows about...Ruzhyo 1/11/02 8:41 p.m.
                 Re: Some cool tricks no one knows about...ferrex 1/12/02 1:20 a.m.
                       Re: Some cool tricks no one knows about...Veebs 1/12/02 4:16 a.m.
                             Re: Some cool tricks no one knows about...ferrex 1/12/02 1:59 p.m.
                                   Do you know the exact number? *NM*Aginor 1/12/02 5:00 p.m.
                                         A recent article...Louis Wu 1/13/02 1:33 a.m.
                                               Re: A recent article...Aginor 1/13/02 3:17 p.m.
                 Re: Some cool tricks no one knows about...Impact 1/12/02 11:55 p.m.
     Fun Hunter UsageOoACoO 1/12/02 1:17 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.