Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Only partly new perhaps
Posted By: RocksliderDate: 2/22/13 2:22 p.m.

In Response To: Halo 1 - New way to do the AotCR bridge drop on PC (Chappified24)

I'd say what you did is akin to doing Xbill's NTSC/PC method of falling to the near left ledge then getting down from there (for which there are lots of options). Admittedly you're not stopping on the ledge, but skimming off doesn't seem all that much different from stopping then quickly continuing - which you equally could've done. So to me, what you're mainly contributing is a new way of getting down after hitting the ledge. But in view of the trickiness of that, you deserve a clap anyway. I bet it was tricky even to get the Shade into a good place!

To mention something related, with PAL the tree wouldn't be needed at all, due to being able to fall further without dying. It's possible to bounce off that ledge (or other ledge areas) and get cushioned by a Shade, just as it's possible to get cushioned by various rocks and even by the hog. I don't think I've actually mentioned getting cushioned by a Shade in my bridge descent guide, but I think that was mainly because blasting a Shade down to a handy place would be tricky work you don't need, due to the availability of other things.

One other remark. I thought you did your grenade throw from a relatively tough place. Instead, you could get a delayed checkpoint on the bridge, at a place where you can see your target. After getting the Shade to a good place, you could then get a new delayed checkpoint on the rocky ledge from which you make your main fall.

Bad Cyborg

Message Index

Replies:

Halo 1 - New way to do the AotCR bridge drop on PCChappified24 2/22/13 7:35 a.m.
     Only partly new perhapsRockslider 2/22/13 2:22 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.