Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Halo 4 Vector Emblem Pack
Posted By: Stephen L. (SoundEffect) <soundeffect@hotmail.com>Date: 2/14/13 11:24 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Halo 4 Vector Emblem Pack (SK CRISIS)

: The Mastery emblem or the UNSC logo?

: I'm curious, are you able to make a path like say one of the wings and then
: mirror it on the other side?

Yes. But getting a high enough resolution scan to work from was an issue. Plus the ribbon banner is always hard to do, and the font (called Arame) I don't have on my PC, so I had to write out UNITED NATIONS SPACE COMMAND as vector shapes, rather than typing and then curving it while it's not on a path!

I think it turned out decent, but I'll still modify it if I come across better sources.

The wings came from one scan, the eagle head came from another and the remainder of the symbol came from a third scan, then I had to put that all together.

I wish we had screenshot capability in campaign though...there's a ton of stuff I haven't drawn yet that I want to. So I started with multiplayer emblems rather than signage I'd usually do.

My HBO Articles

Message Index

Replies:

Halo 4 Vector Emblem PackSK CRISIS 2/13/13 9:00 p.m.
     Awesome! :) *NM*Metalingus627 2/13/13 9:46 p.m.
     Re: Halo 4 Vector Emblem PackStephen L. (SoundEffect) 2/13/13 10:04 p.m.
           Re: Halo 4 Vector Emblem PackSK CRISIS 2/13/13 11:01 p.m.
                 Re: Halo 4 Vector Emblem PackStephen L. (SoundEffect) 2/14/13 6:43 a.m.
                       Re: Halo 4 Vector Emblem PackSK CRISIS 2/14/13 10:55 a.m.
                             Re: Halo 4 Vector Emblem PackStephen L. (SoundEffect) 2/14/13 11:24 a.m.
                                   Re: Halo 4 Vector Emblem PackSK CRISIS 2/14/13 11:41 a.m.
                                         Re: Halo 4 Vector Emblem PackStephen L. (SoundEffect) 2/14/13 12:33 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.