Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Roland *SP* *Ops*
Posted By: General Vagueness <General.Vagueness@gmail.com>Date: 2/5/13 10:59 p.m.

When he was introduced I liked him, and when he started acting sort of happy-go-lucky I liked him more at first and then less again as it started to grate on me, partly from being annoying and being there all the time but more from just seeming wrong. From episode 2 or 3 onward I had a feeling he was going to go rampant or otherwise screwy-- actually I had a hunch right from his introduction, but that was just because it seemed so normal and positive and I'm used to that being turned around in sci-fi. I meant to post about that and never got around to it, and then it kind of happened (going all screwy) when Halsey, well...

undid iridium

but against many if not all odds he keeps being interesting even with that presumably out of the way.
For starters, he initiated that conversation with Halsey. Why? Was he really just that curious? I'd imagine there's some protocol against that-- talking to people locked up I mean, not curiosity. He sounded upset, almost offended, that she communicated with an unknown outside intelligence like she did. That and his reactions later have helped his characterization, I think, but we don't really know the reasons behind them, so he's still a bit of an X factor.
It doesn't look like general AI wackiness is going to come into play, what with that having already happened, so it looks like the comments about helping with Spops being fun and how he could handle them on his own and do a million things at once and his playful "do this Crimson, I command it" line (or however he said it) are just part of his personality.... I'm wondering how that will play out, and if it'll affect anything. He doesn't seem as positive and talkative now, after the Halsey hijack and the attack on the Infinity. Will he change back to how he was, or was this one of those pivotal moments I hear so much about?
He was able to break out of Halsey's hypnotic trap or whatever it was, and she didn't seem to see that coming. Is that to be expected of the new generation of AIs or is he special in some way?
In the mission where you find and deactivate all the nuclear bombs, he mentions being really concerned about not detecting them sooner (or right away). Did anyone else get the feeling he was wondering if this was a side effect of what Halsey did?
Also, what's he wearing? It looks WWI-aviator-ish to me but I don't know much about any of that.

You cannot fall off the floor.

Message Index

Replies:

Roland *SP* *Ops*General Vagueness 2/5/13 10:59 p.m.
     Re: Roland *SP* *Ops*Ragashingo 2/5/13 11:07 p.m.
     Re: Roland *SP* *Ops*Kermit 2/5/13 11:27 p.m.
           Re: Roland *SP* *Ops*TDSpiral 2/5/13 11:48 p.m.
     His arrogance...RC Master 2/6/13 8:43 a.m.
           Re: His arrogance...Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 2/6/13 9:30 a.m.
                 Re: His arrogance...scarab 2/6/13 10:31 a.m.
                 Re: His arrogance...General Vagueness 2/6/13 7:46 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.