Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Using vehicle pads as buttons in Halo 4
Posted By: pete_the_duckDate: 1/12/13 6:34 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Using vehicle pads as buttons in Halo 4 (General Vagueness)

: What you had for Knockin' Zombs and that farewell to Reach video you made,
: and I think someone also used it in a remake of Relic.

Those are two different mechanisms, but in both cases this Halo 4 mechanim is superior.

The Knockin' Zombs mechanism was a safe haven. It was only capable of ejecting the Banshee pilot, not killing him/her. That was the only thing it could ever accomplish. The Halo 4 mechanism is capable of spawning teleporters, killing players, trigging Rube Goldberg machines, etc.

The Remember Reach mechanism (I assume you mean how I spawned the Tin Cup at the end) was using Halo Ball. During the entire duration of the Rube Goldberg machine, I was accumulating points from the game repeatedly "scoring" the Tin Cup (the result is that it never actually spawned until I destroyed the goal that was encompassing it [the landmine])--so that mechanism would never be useful in an actual game. The Halo 4 mechanism doesn't interfere with the scoring, so it could actually be used in a game without interferring with anything.

So, yep, this is a good thing. It's nice to find a silver lining to Halo 4's quirkly object spawning behavior.

Message Index

Replies:

Using vehicle pads as buttons in Halo 4pete_the_duck 1/11/13 3:31 p.m.
     Re: Using vehicle pads as buttons in Halo 4General Vagueness 1/12/13 12:23 p.m.
           Re: Using vehicle pads as buttons in Halo 4pete_the_duck 1/12/13 2:27 p.m.
                 Re: Using vehicle pads as buttons in Halo 4General Vagueness 1/12/13 5:31 p.m.
                       Re: Using vehicle pads as buttons in Halo 4pete_the_duck 1/12/13 6:34 p.m.
                             Re: Using vehicle pads as buttons in Halo 4General Vagueness 1/13/13 9:28 a.m.
                       Which reminds me of...ZackDark 1/12/13 9:26 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.