Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: The Mammoth...KEEP IT CLEAN!
Posted By: Stephen L. (SoundEffect) <soundeffect@hotmail.com>Date: 1/6/13 9:16 a.m.

In Response To: Re: The Mammoth...KEEP IT CLEAN! (General Vagueness)

: This is the biggest specific reason so far I wish campaign had theater or at
: least a screenshot function. I saw this the first time I played that
: level, and I made a note to take a screenshot of it and show you guys, and
: then I remembered... and then I forgot, about the text that is, but if I
: had been able to have a saved film it might have stuck in my head better.
: I also figured Stephen Loftus or someone would've found it by the time I
: played it, let alone by the time I played it again and was like "dang
: it I forgot", but I guess not.

Yeah, there's lots of stuff I've found on monitors, labels, etc. but I only have the ability to put my digital camera up to the TV screen. Not ideal or a desired option. I'll await a working campaign theater to get some cool screenshots.

I'll toss out one though. The new UNSC logo; the one that just says UNSC not the eagle logo, has a star with a stripe below it in between the U and N. In almost all cases the logo is seen in this fashion. However, on the Mammoth, it uses the UNSC with the star instead at the bottom of the logo with the stripe above it (though still between the U and N of UNSC.

My first though was to go back and check everything to see if the star at the bottom was on all ground-based vehicles and then to see if maybe air vehicles had the other, but that's not the case in all regards. The Warthog for instance has the star at the top.

What's the purpose of this type of symbol? When can we predict its use?

The old UNSC logo in Halo 3 had two variants to differentiate air vehicles from land vehicles (and an unused one from Reach to denote space vehicles. The land vehicle symbol (notably on Mongoose and Warthog) Halo 3 is here:

I thought I'd uploaded the air symbol too but noticed I didn't. I have yet to draw the unused Reach space symbol (presumably meant for the Saber unless it was and I missed it).

My HBO Articles

Message Index

Replies:

The Mammoth...KEEP IT CLEAN!PyroSporker16 1/1/13 3:06 a.m.
     Re: The Mammoth...KEEP IT CLEAN!Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 1/1/13 11:39 a.m.
     Cleaner pics...munky-058 1/1/13 4:46 p.m.
           Re: Cleaner pics...Jillybean 1/2/13 10:07 a.m.
     Re: The Mammoth...KEEP IT CLEAN!General Vagueness 1/6/13 2:31 a.m.
           Re: The Mammoth...KEEP IT CLEAN!Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 1/6/13 9:16 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.