Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Welp... *img/vid*
Posted By: Darkphibre <tomm@darkphibre.com>Date: 12/3/12 2:16 p.m.

In Response To: Welp... *img/vid* (munky-058)

CONGRATULATIONS!
I, too, hit this yesterday. It feels amazing to get that screen saying "All Specializations MASTERED." There's only a few that have hit it so far, so we're in very rare company at the moment. HBO is representing! :-)

On Spartan Ops
As an aside, I wish I knew about SpOps before using up my double-XP on 300-point join-in-progress games. I wasted it all on my first weeks of grinding in multiplayer before I realized the intricacies of SpOps.

For posterity: There is a per-minute maximum and a per-mission maximum: If you're rocking double-XP, wait for 8.5 minutes to elapse, as that's where you'll hit maximum (around 14xp/sec). The best is to find a mission that has you fighting enemies for 10 minutes or so (your group of friends will tend to figure tricks that brings this down to 8.5 or less minutes). This is because enemies == commendations, and it can get boring sitting around waiting for 2 minutes for the timer to count down (though much fun can be had if you're not in a pickup group :). Oh, and when timing: Start it when you can first select your loadout, and end it when it says "Mission Completed."

If you're not rocking double-XP, the best is to get it done as fast as possible... XP/second rises to 14.6 as you approach 4.5-minute marks (the fastest my group was able to finish a game). XP/second assumes Fast Track is on.

With those tricks, you can hit the daily cap in a bit under 3 hours *without* double-XP turned on, or do it for two hours and have a few hours of multiplayer before hitting daily cap.

In the end...
It's never over! There's commendations, and I've just put together a team to approach LASO (I don't have the time for solo-LASO or solo-Mythic :).

I go by Darkphibre (Halo Stats Tracker back in the day, if anyone recalls)... but for Halo I play on my Me gamertag.

Fair disclosure: 343 hired me this year, to work on their internal datamining! It's been a dream come true, though I've been crazy busy and haven't had much time for the forums. So... this post contains information gleaned from my own personal discoveries, not anything from 343. :)

Congratulations again munkey! This is truly an achievement!

See you all online,

-TomM
This post is all Me, and not necessarily the opinions of 343i.

Me Halo 4 Service Record

Message Index

Replies:

Welp... *img/vid*munky-058 12/2/12 8:58 a.m.
     Re: Welp... *img/vid*Hedgemony 12/2/12 9:08 a.m.
           Air Assault > CQB *NM*davidfuchs 12/2/12 9:46 a.m.
                 Don't talk such rot...munky-058 12/2/12 10:03 a.m.
                       Re: Don't talk such rot...davidfuchs 12/2/12 10:55 a.m.
                             Re: Don't talk such rot...NsU Soldier 12/3/12 9:37 a.m.
                       Do you get anything for hitting 130? *NM*SIX min WHISTLE 12/2/12 5:03 p.m.
                             A '1,' a '3,' and a '0.' In that order. *NM*uberfoop 12/2/12 5:06 p.m.
                                   Not true!ZackDark 12/2/12 5:13 p.m.
     Re: Welp... *img/vid*Kalamari 12/2/12 10:46 a.m.
           Re: Welp... *img/vid*thebruce0 12/3/12 10:44 a.m.
     Re: Welp... *img/vid*iForge 12/3/12 10:42 a.m.
           Re: Welp... *img/vid*munky-058 12/3/12 12:55 p.m.
                 Re: Welp... *img/vid*iForge 12/3/12 1:14 p.m.
     Firstly, congratulations. Secondly...Jayshum 12/3/12 10:55 a.m.
           Re: Firstly, congratulations. Secondly...Sulaco 12/3/12 11:42 a.m.
           Sorry...munky-058 12/3/12 12:54 p.m.
                 Re: Sorry...Jayshum 12/3/12 2:19 p.m.
     Re: Welp... *img/vid*Darkphibre 12/3/12 2:16 p.m.
           congrats - and thanks! *NM*Louis Wu 12/3/12 3:15 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.