Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Kat Armor Build
Posted By: Revenant1988 <dga1988@yahoo.com>Date: 11/16/12 8:28 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Kat Armor Build (kapowaz)

: Aren't there other people out there making Halo weapon props? I mean, unlike
: a suit of armour you don't have to tailor them to an individual…

[this reply is longer than I intended but hopefully sheds some light on how we operate over there]

Yes, but there are many factors that go into that. The 405th doesn't actually sell anything. They especially don't endorse or condone people that do or try to sell anything on their site for a profit. The 405th does allow members to trade their work among themselves- this can be as simple as member 'a' trades a pistol cast to member 'b' for a helmet cast. Some mold and cast their builds to fund their other builds. I for example helped fund a member there to make a really solid AR mold and since I did that for him he sent me a cast of that AR. Selling props can also be problematic at times, usually when it comes to giving credit on a piece. It is sad to say that every now and then someone will recast a prop received from someone else and then try to sell that for money. It's very shady and dirty and disrespectful to the person that actually made it. Luckily its rare these days.

It also comes down to the individual member.

* Some prefer to build all of their own props (to take pride in their work for example) and don't want to buy something that someone else made.

* Some know what their threshold is and will make most of their own props but will purchase something that may be above their skill set (or budget or if they don't have the resources on their own). They may choose to make that prop "their own" as much as they can.

* Some need something right away and its just easier to buy it and come back to making your own at a later time.

* Some don't do any of the above and just purchase other peoples works and mod them to their needs and liking. This is not preferred for most on the 405th, but some do it this way ::shrugs::

Me? Well I made my suit 100% from the ground up, but I did not make my M6D. It took me a year to make the suit alone, and I wouldn't have had enough time to make the pistol the way I wanted, plus I was losing my work shop for the winter. Luckily, I found a member who was selling his pistol kits to fund his DMR project, so I bought one off him because A, I didn't have the time and B, his model was vastly superior to anything I would have been able to make myself.

As for her?

I have not been to her build thread in a while but I think she is building a second suit for her boyfriend (last I read) so she may not have time or money to make her own guns right now. I think she is the type that prefers to make ALL of her props (dat undersuit). Besides, Spartan's don't necessarily need a gun to look badass ;)

My 405th build

Message Index

Replies:

Kat Armor BuildTex 11/16/12 12:21 a.m.
     Re: Kat Armor BuildQuirel 11/16/12 12:31 a.m.
           Re: Kat Armor BuildThe Loot 11/16/12 12:53 a.m.
           Re: Kat Armor BuildRevenant1988 11/16/12 6:31 a.m.
     Re: Kat Armor BuildBeorn 11/16/12 1:09 a.m.
     Re: Kat Armor Buildkapowaz 11/16/12 3:37 a.m.
           Re: Kat Armor BuildRevenant1988 11/16/12 6:35 a.m.
                 Re: Kat Armor Buildkapowaz 11/16/12 7:09 a.m.
                       Re: Kat Armor BuildRevenant1988 11/16/12 8:28 a.m.
                             Re: Kat Armor Buildkapowaz 11/16/12 1:28 p.m.
                                   Re: Kat Armor BuildLurono 11/16/12 10:55 p.m.
                 Found one…kapowaz 11/16/12 7:12 a.m.
     Re: Kat Armor BuildArchilen 11/16/12 3:44 a.m.
     Awesome is too small a word *NM*scarab 11/16/12 5:34 a.m.
     Re: Kat Armor BuildJDQuackers 11/16/12 6:32 a.m.
           Re: Kat Armor BuildRagashingo 11/16/12 8:22 a.m.
                 Re: Kat Armor BuildJDQuackers 11/16/12 8:54 a.m.
     Nice. *NM*robofin117 11/17/12 12:54 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.