Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Art of Halo 3 Signed by entire bungie art team
Posted By: Pocket Dorkfish <sage_winard@hotmail.com>Date: 10/24/12 1:17 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Art of Halo 3 Signed by entire bungie art team (Ibeechu)

: Again, you can stop being defensive. I know that you're sincere.

: If you want my pricing advice (and you probably don't), here's what I'd price
: them for if I were selling them. Disclaimer: I'm not a professional, but
: I've been an avid eBayer for many years and have experience pricing and
: selling a wide range of thousands of items.

: ONI Patch/UNSC Hat/Tote - I'm combining these because, on their own,
: they're not really much. Combined, the patch and the tote represent a part
: of a swag bag from SDCC, so there's a little bit of value for a die hard
: Halo/con fan. However, that's a limited market.
: $20

: Halo 3/ODST/Halo Wars/CEA - All of these are retail, even the Halo Wars
: copy which is apparently a first edition. A first pressing of a game
: doesn't necessarily make it worth more, especially not a common game.
: $85

: Reach LE - Again, retail. You might be surprised, but this is still selling
: for $35 new on Amazon.
: $35

: Art of Building Worlds LE - This one's still available from Tor for roughly
: 100 USD.
: $100

: Art of Halo 3, Signed - Finally we get to the meat and potatoes. As said
: before, on Amazon these range from $120 to about $800 new on Amazon. The
: question is how much more they're worth when signed. The thing about
: Nathan Fillion owning it is a neat story, but unless you have some sort of
: really solid proof, it's irrelevant. This one's kind of subjective because
: it's very hard to price a one-of-a-kind item. However, don't fall into the
: thinking that one-of-a-kind automatically makes it worth a lot. But, going
: on instinct, I'd probably list this one for about $900 and, if I
: advertised it well, expect to get $1500 out of it.
: $1500

: Total: $1740

: The good news is that it's a neat collection and if you're willing to lower
: your expectations a lot, I'm sure you'll make a decent amount. The bad
: news is that, as popular as Halo is, collector stuff for Halo is a very
: limited market. Not only that, but collector stuff in general tends to not
: be what collectors want. Collectors usually want a piece that was made
: widely available but, for some reason or another, is now rare. For
: example, a collector would tend to rather have a sealed copy of an
: original game than a sealed "Collector's Edition" of the same
: game. One of the reasons is that most of the Collector's Editions will
: stay sealed because people don't want to devalue it, while a sealed
: mainstream (but out-of-press) copy will be much rarer because the people
: who bought them presumably wanted to use them.

: Hope this helps and I hope it wasn't too much sticker shock.

I actually appreciate that advice. :) I wasn't sure how much some of the games retailed outside what was in stores. I really felt offering the full halo experience (sans 2) would be a nice addition. I am surprised to see the art of building words limited edition was still posted? I was under the impression it was from titan books, and last I checked it was off their site. I took that into consideration on such a high starting price (if art of halo new is valued at such a high price unsigned, that the building worlds halo book being only imited to 1000 copies, would value much higher than the art of halo 3 book for its rarity.) are there other places that sell it?

Message Index

Replies:

Art of Halo 3 Signed by entire bungie art teamPocket Dorkfish 10/23/12 2:20 a.m.
     Re: Art of Halo 3 Signed by entire bungie art teamSmackdowner1 10/23/12 2:40 a.m.
           Re: Art of Halo 3 Signed by entire bungie art teamHedgemony 10/23/12 3:10 a.m.
                 Re: Art of Halo 3 Signed by entire bungie art teamPocket Dorkfish 10/23/12 3:14 a.m.
                       Re: Art of Halo 3 Signed by entire bungie art teamHedgemony 10/23/12 3:18 a.m.
     Re: Art of Halo 3 Signed by entire bungie art teamTDSpiral 10/23/12 3:03 a.m.
           Re: Art of Halo 3 Signed by entire bungie art teamPocket Dorkfish 10/23/12 3:13 a.m.
                 Re: Art of Halo 3 Signed by entire bungie art teamTDSpiral 10/23/12 4:15 a.m.
                       Re: Art of Halo 3 Signed by entire bungie art teamPocket Dorkfish 10/23/12 9:28 a.m.
           Re: Art of Halo 3 Signed by entire bungie art teamSmackdowner1 10/23/12 3:20 a.m.
                 Re: Art of Halo 3 Signed by entire bungie art teamThe Guardians 10/23/12 3:28 a.m.
                       Re: Art of Halo 3 Signed by entire bungie art teamPocket Dorkfish 10/23/12 3:40 a.m.
                       Re: Art of Halo 3 Signed by entire bungie art teamPocket Dorkfish 10/23/12 3:44 a.m.
                 Re: Art of Halo 3 Signed by entire bungie art teamPocket Dorkfish 10/23/12 3:35 a.m.
                       Re: Art of Halo 3 Signed by entire bungie art teamSmackdowner1 10/23/12 3:41 a.m.
                             ^ lol'd *NM*The Guardians 10/23/12 3:44 a.m.
                                   Re: ^ lol'dPocket Dorkfish 10/23/12 3:45 a.m.
                             Re: Art of Halo 3 Signed by entire bungie art teamPocket Dorkfish 10/23/12 3:47 a.m.
                                   Re: Art of Halo 3 Signed by entire bungie art teamSmackdowner1 10/23/12 3:49 a.m.
                                         Re: Art of Halo 3 Signed by entire bungie art teamPocket Dorkfish 10/23/12 3:51 a.m.
                                         WOW, actually lol'd again. Thanks *NM*The Guardians 10/23/12 4:00 a.m.
           WOULDN'T* sell my copy *NM*TDSpiral 10/23/12 4:08 a.m.
     Re: Art of Halo 3 Signed by entire bungie art teamLouis Wu 10/23/12 10:25 a.m.
           Re: Art of Halo 3 Signed by entire bungie art teamPocket Dorkfish 10/23/12 9:31 p.m.
                 Re: Art of Halo 3 Signed by entire bungie art teamIbeechu 10/23/12 10:28 p.m.
                       Re: Art of Halo 3 Signed by entire bungie art teamPocket Dorkfish 10/23/12 11:45 p.m.
                             Re: Art of Halo 3 Signed by entire bungie art teamCody Miller 10/24/12 12:32 a.m.
                                   Re: Art of Halo 3 Signed by entire bungie art teamPocket Dorkfish 10/24/12 1:09 a.m.
                             Re: Art of Halo 3 Signed by entire bungie art teamIbeechu 10/24/12 12:52 a.m.
                                   Re: Art of Halo 3 Signed by entire bungie art teamPocket Dorkfish 10/24/12 1:17 a.m.
                                         Re: Art of Halo 3 Signed by entire bungie art teamPocket Dorkfish 10/24/12 1:27 a.m.
                                               Re: Art of Halo 3 Signed by entire bungie art teamLouis Wu 10/24/12 7:29 a.m.
                                                     Re: Art of Halo 3 Signed by entire bungie art teamPocket Dorkfish 10/25/12 2:45 a.m.
                                                           Re: Art of Halo 3 Signed by entire bungie art teamLouis Wu 10/25/12 6:42 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Art of Halo 3 Signed by entire bungie art teamPocket Dorkfish 10/25/12 12:59 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Art of Halo 3 Signed by entire bungie art teamLouis Wu 10/25/12 1:12 p.m.
                                         Re: Art of Halo 3 Signed by entire bungie art teamIbeechu 10/24/12 1:28 a.m.
                                   Re: Art of Halo 3 Signed by entire bungie art teamPocket Dorkfish 10/25/12 2:42 a.m.
                                         Re: Art of Halo 3 Signed by entire bungie art teamsithhead 10/25/12 5:50 p.m.
                                               Re: Art of Halo 3 Signed by entire bungie art teamPocket Dorkfish 11/6/12 9:31 a.m.
     May I ask?sithhead 10/23/12 10:50 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.