Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Summum Malum - Guilty Spark and The Composer
Posted By: Dani <slightlylive@forwarduntodawn.com>Date: 6/3/12 3:26 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Summum Malum - Guilty Spark and The Composer (CaneCutter)

: Love these articles. Excellent work! One question though. In the Composer
: article, do you think it's plausible for the Composer to cure/inhibit the
: flood based on the transfer of conciousness/sentience? Since the flood
: infect sentient species, maybe the Composer could remove said sentience
: thus causing the infection form to remove itself. Then, it could return
: that sentience to its original, unharmed host at a later date.

: - CC

I'm not sure the infection inhibition is directly tied to the transfer process. Later in Primordium we see Forerunners inhibited by the Composer with what appears to be their original personalities remaining with their bodies in a rather unfortunate state.

Your suggestion would lead to a de facto Flood cure (once infected, transfer intelligence out, cure Flood, scrub body, pour back in!) and I think the Composer's abilities aren't that far reaching. It could be one of the reasons why the Composer was created. Maybe the Forerunners experimented in just a manner that you're describing hoping to find a cure.

I don't think we can say definitively either and I think it's wise to leave the door open for any number of possibilities. To me, the Composer is the most enigmatic "thing" that's appeared in the Halo universe for some time and I doubt (hope!) we haven't seen the last of it.

ForwardUntoDawn.com

Message Index

Replies:

Summum Malum - Guilty Spark and The ComposerDani 6/3/12 7:59 a.m.
     *SP*kanbo 6/3/12 1:45 p.m.
           Re: *SP*davidfuchs 6/3/12 1:56 p.m.
     Re: Summum Malum - Guilty Spark and The ComposerCaneCutter 6/3/12 2:37 p.m.
           Re: Summum Malum - Guilty Spark and The ComposerGrimBrother One 6/3/12 3:15 p.m.
           Re: Summum Malum - Guilty Spark and The ComposerDani 6/3/12 3:26 p.m.
                 Re: Summum Malum - Guilty Spark and The ComposerCaneCutter 6/3/12 3:59 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.