glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Did we miss an important anniversary?
Posted By: Kermit <kermi7@mac.com>Date: 2/11/12 9:50 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Did we miss an important anniversary? (Stephen L. (SoundEffect))

: I look at the bright side. If they hadn't moved to Microsoft, they wouldn't
: have maybe made Halo PC and I wouldn't have gotten into Halo and I'd have
: had a boring past decade or so and missed out on a book deal and missed
: out on a TON of new friends!

Oh, the bright side has been tremendous in innumerable ways, friend!

Bungie went from the little developer that could to being a powerhouse in the industry. At the time, I was strictly a mac gamer and Bungie was a giant in that (admittedly) limited realm. The move hurt, especially since I didn't see myself as a console owner. Bungie and the Xbox changed that, too. Access to cutting-edge titles no longer required the expense of having a state-of-the-art desktop rig. The short view for many us then was, now we're going to have to pay hundreds of dollars just to play the next Bungie game, and not only that, the money's going to Microsoft, which many of us had proudly avoided contact with, for nearly religious reasons. ;)

All's well that ends well, and Bungie's ride has yielded more benefits than I could have ever imagined, and I'm very optimistic about the future.

Message Index

Replies:

Did we miss an important anniversary?Dark Helmet 2/10/12 5:18 p.m.
     Re: Did we miss an important anniversary?Mixmasterchief 2/10/12 5:27 p.m.
     Re: Did we miss an important anniversary?JDQuackers 2/10/12 5:36 p.m.
     Re: Did we miss an important anniversary?General Vagueness 2/10/12 7:33 p.m.
           Epic CTF *NM*ZackDark 2/10/12 7:36 p.m.
                 Epic CTF with extra grenades.... *NM*General Vagueness 2/10/12 7:45 p.m.
     Is it just me...RC Master 2/10/12 9:07 p.m.
           Not just you *NM*ZackDark 2/10/12 9:38 p.m.
           Re: Is it just me...Louis Wu 2/10/12 10:09 p.m.
                 Yay!RC Master 2/11/12 7:51 a.m.
     Re: Did we miss an important anniversary?Kermit 2/10/12 9:26 p.m.
           Re: Did we miss an important anniversary?Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 2/10/12 9:51 p.m.
                 Re: Did we miss an important anniversary?Kermit 2/10/12 11:47 p.m.
                       Re: Did we miss an important anniversary?Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 2/11/12 9:04 a.m.
                             Re: Did we miss an important anniversary?Kermit 2/11/12 9:50 a.m.
                                   Re: Did we miss an important anniversary?Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 2/11/12 11:28 a.m.
                                         Actually, my 12th anniversary is today.Kermit 2/12/12 9:37 a.m.
                                               Re: Actually, my 12th anniversary is today.Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 2/12/12 10:40 a.m.
     Re: Did we miss an important anniversary?Ross Mills 2/11/12 10:11 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.