Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Continued Feminist Analysis of i love bees
Posted By: Dragonclaws <nogard@gmail.com>Date: 2/9/12 2:33 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Continued Feminist Analysis of i love bees (General Battuta)

: And wow, the writing and production values really have aged pretty well,
: haven't they?

Well, it's set in the future--a future that we understand to be basically like modern day America. The chatters are the main aspect of the future setting unlike the 2004 contemporary setting, but they fit well with our 2012 iPhones, so it's even more like our world. It's an audio drama, so effects are pretty much always going to have the same quality. The main music used is old by our standards and ancient to them, so there's no problem with songs popular at the point of production seeming dated now. The conflicts are fairly classic, based around family issues, fear of war, tensions between natives and immigrants, etc. The reason for war is straight-up survival, unlike something like the Vietnam conflict where the host nation's motives are questionable. The Covenant is treated as a terrible, powerful entity that brings nothing but destruction, with the Seeker as the only Covenant member capable of being given any sympathy, and that's just because of its ignorance.

Those are my thoughts.

Message Index

Replies:

Continued Feminist Analysis of i love beesDragonclaws 1/28/12 12:55 a.m.
     Re: Continued Feminist Analysis of i love beesDragonclaws 1/31/12 1:32 a.m.
           Re: Continued Feminist Analysis of i love beesGeneral Battuta 1/31/12 10:39 a.m.
                 Re: Continued Feminist Analysis of i love beesGeneral Battuta 1/31/12 10:43 a.m.
                       Re: Continued Feminist Analysis of i love beesDragonclaws 2/9/12 2:33 a.m.
                 Re: Continued Feminist Analysis of i love beesDragonclaws 2/9/12 2:17 a.m.
           Re: Continued Feminist Analysis of i love beesDragonclaws 2/9/12 2:37 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.