Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Solo game play
Posted By: Lawnmower172 <martinwegner@gmail.com>Date: 1/13/12 3:25 p.m.

In Response To: Try my newest Firefight Survival gametype! (RC Master)

Overall, I enjoyed this game type. It had a Fiesta feel without the enemies being complete pushovers. Challenging enough without being overwhelming. I played three iterations on solo, heroic, on the maps Holdout, Beachhead, and Installation 04.

Weapon loadouts: NO ROCKET LAUNCHER! Good call, as teams could burn lives to get a new RL. This reinforces the survival feel of the game. Also, I like the no ammo crates and no weapon drops. Again, this reinforces the immersion that you are very much on your own (except for the red shirts on Installation 04). I would drop the PP from the Deceiver, as these are easy to acquire. Personally, I don’t like the grenade launcher, so I could do without it. Perhaps move the GL to the Deceiver and give the Corpsman a human pistol.

Armor abilities: Great call on the jet pack. I think it is the wrong AA for any survival FF type. I would ditch active camo for evade. Enemy AI seem to remain fairly unfazed by active camo, while evade would reinforce a more aggressive defense and act as a nice compliment to sprint.

Wave progression: One minor adjustment: the all jackal marksman wave was right before an elite wave. That meant there were no PPs in the wave preceding an elite wave. Perhaps a minor adjustment is in order.

An oddity I noticed is that this game type didn’t seem to deload dropped weapons as aggressively as normal FF. That was generally helpful, especially when retrieving a weapon from a dead teammate.

Message Index

Replies:

Try my newest Firefight Survival gametype!RC Master 1/11/12 7:12 p.m.
     Re: Try my newest Firefight Survival gametype!Lawnmower172 1/11/12 8:53 p.m.
     Thanks for the frontpage Wu! :D *NM*RC Master 1/12/12 11:03 a.m.
     Solo game playLawnmower172 1/13/12 3:25 p.m.
           Re: Solo game playRC Master 1/13/12 10:08 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.