Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Dear Bungie...
Posted By: Lord Friendship <lordfriendship@gmail.com>Date: 12/12/11 9:54 a.m.

Dear Bungie,

Firstly, allow me to say that Reach is awesome, and I've really enjoyed its many challenges.

In particular, I'm quite interested in those Golden Ranger Elites. I've actually been trying to catalogue them in a more or less organized way. With some free time on the horizon, I was hoping to wrap that up, but I've hit a bit of a snag.

For most of Reach's levels, one Golden Ranger Elite spawns in every playthrough. However, the level Tip of the Spear is something of an exception, as there's about a 1/5 chance that no Golden Ranger Elite will show. Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

As I've heard the mission designers were given a lot of free range regarding Golden Ranger Elite implementation, I'm going to assume you don't know the answer to my question right off hand. In that case, you could stroll through Bungie's labyrinthine offices to the desk of Mr. Niles Sankey (who was, according to Reach's credit sequence, the Mission Design Lead) to ask him who was in charge of this vexing mission, and then get the deal right from them.

Normally, I wouldn't ask such a favor, but I've spent an awful lot of time on this level, with no visible way to tell if this is just a glitch, or if I'm missing something. A few other people have been aiding in the search as well, to no avail.

I don't even necessarily need the secret spoiled! Just to know whether or not there exists some solution to this mystery would be enough (although hints are appreciated!). If it's just a glitch, then I don't need to spend many hours searching in vain for a Golden Ranger Elite that doesn't exist. Just to clarify, the known Golden Ranger Elite spawn points are below (courtesy of Halo Creation).

One spawn point overlooking the first Tyrant Anti-Air Gun.Three spawn points in the rocks preceding the Spire.

In any case, thanks again for the awesome game, and best of luck for the future.

Sincerely,
Steve aka Lord Friendship

TL;DR Is there a fifth Golden Ranger Elite spawn on Tip of the Spear, or is the mission glitched in such a way that one will occasionally not show?

Message Index

Replies:

Dear Bungie...Lord Friendship 12/12/11 9:54 a.m.
     Re: Dear Bungie...RC Master 12/12/11 10:35 a.m.
           Re: Dear Bungie...Lord Friendship 12/13/11 7:14 a.m.
     Re: Dear Bungie...Revenant1988 12/12/11 11:13 a.m.
           Re: Dear Bungie...MacGyver10 12/12/11 2:06 p.m.
                 Re: Dear Bungie...Revenant1988 12/12/11 2:54 p.m.
                       Re: Dear Bungie...ZackDark 12/12/11 2:59 p.m.
                             Re: Dear Bungie...Lord Friendship 12/13/11 7:17 a.m.
     Re: Dear Steveurk 12/13/11 11:19 a.m.
           :DRC Master 12/13/11 11:21 a.m.
           I am also :DLord Friendship 12/13/11 11:37 a.m.
                 Re: I am also :Durk 12/16/11 1:25 p.m.
                       Re: I am also :Dpete_the_duck 12/16/11 2:46 p.m.
                             Dibs on Butcher or Candlestick Maker. *NM*GrimBrother One 12/16/11 2:54 p.m.
                                   Let Marty know I'm really good at fetching coffee. *NM*SonofMacPhisto 12/16/11 3:15 p.m.
                                         You, Slayer of Dragons, bring me my coffee *NM*Avateur 12/17/11 11:11 a.m.
                                               FUS RO JAVA! *NM*SonofMacPhisto 12/17/11 11:24 a.m.
                       Re: I am also :DRC Master 12/16/11 3:57 p.m.
                       Re: I am also :DLord Friendship 12/17/11 10:21 p.m.
                 Hey Lord FriendshipZaneZavin 12/16/11 9:26 p.m.
                       Re: Hey Lord FriendshipLawnmower172 12/16/11 11:38 p.m.
                       Re: Hey Lord FriendshipLord Friendship 12/17/11 10:08 p.m.
                             Re: Hey Lord FriendshipLawnmower172 12/18/11 10:26 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.