Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Hello Nightfall!
Posted By: RC MasterDate: 8/29/11 6:26 a.m.

In Response To: The weekly, wow! Just wow. (Elzarthebam)

What I posted to 343's feedback thread:

Regarding this weeks weekly challenge:
Co-op Dash - 30343 cR
Clear any Campaign mission on Heroic, in co-op, in 9 minutes or less.

While I appreciate the higher payouts than before, you have, like Bungie before you, created a timed campaign challenge which is either exceptionally hard, or ridiculously easy.

The only 4 levels it is even possible on, in theory, are:
Winter Contingency
ONI: Sword Base
Nightfall
Tip of the Spear

On Winter Contingency you'd have to steal the Falcon and break the level, and even then you'd have to do it without deaths and would be VERY close to the solo world Record.
On ONI you'd have to be very organised, very aggressive and use several skips, including using the TL in the first ONI courtyard. The solo record is on 6:35 and it was VERY good.
Nightfall, forklift skip makes it incredibly easy with a bit of luck. Without that, it's incredibly difficult and would require running through most of the level anyway, and then very good coordinated fighting from Powerhouse onwards. I just tried it solo and it took me 11 minutes.
Tip of the Spear is possible. But again you really have to know what you're doing and be very coordinated on the fighting.

In my opinion, you'd be better off doing more single level challenges so you can control the difficulty more, make it more interesting and, more importantly, give levels other than Nightfall a play!

E.g. If you'd made it 'Complete Pillar of Autumn on Heroic, in co-op, in 22 minutes or less' that'd be far more interesting. It's totally possible (the record on Solo Legendary is just [url=http://highspeedhalo.net/?p=4535]15:56[/url]), and would mean that people would either have to find a lot of shortcuts themselves or, ya know, seek help from a guide or speed run and would still learn a lot.

So, in summary, I don't know why you even bother having the 'any level' ability when it's essentially going to just be "everybody break Nightfall" week.

I guess one problem has been fixed. Still many to go...

Message Index

Replies:

The weekly, wow! Just wow.Elzarthebam 8/29/11 6:08 a.m.
     Re: The weekly, wow! Just wow.Hyokin 8/29/11 6:09 a.m.
           The challenge system was either slow to update orElzarthebam 8/29/11 6:23 a.m.
     Re: The weekly, wow! Just wow.Pkmnrulz240 8/29/11 6:15 a.m.
     Hello Nightfall!RC Master 8/29/11 6:26 a.m.
           Re: Hello Nightfall!Pkmnrulz240 8/29/11 6:30 a.m.
           Re: Hello Nightfall!DocOctavius 8/29/11 11:35 a.m.
           Re: Hello Nightfall!Dane 8/29/11 3:06 p.m.
                 Edit:Dane 8/29/11 3:33 p.m.
                 Re: Hello Nightfall!RC Master 8/29/11 5:19 p.m.
           you might want to addnomis78 8/31/11 10:00 a.m.
                 Local co-op still counts.... *NM*Revenant1988 8/31/11 10:07 a.m.
     Sprinter Contingency *NM*TCKaos 8/29/11 8:57 a.m.
           Don't you mean...RC Master 8/29/11 9:32 a.m.
                 Re: Don't you mean...Hyokin 8/29/11 9:43 a.m.
                       Re: Don't you mean...RC Master 8/29/11 10:58 a.m.
                 Re: Don't you mean...ZackDark 8/29/11 9:45 a.m.
     Immediately thought of Nightfall.Azo 'Galvat 8/29/11 12:26 p.m.
     I could use a handJoony Joon 8/29/11 7:19 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.