Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Random BOB Information
Posted By: Lord Friendship <steverichey01@gmail.com>Date: 5/17/11 1:23 p.m.

Haven't had a chance to post recently, but I've been tracking down BOBs for a while now. I'm trying to get every one, on Legendary, in a full game (so, after I kill the BOB, I still finish the level). It's tricky. Here's some random information for people who are interested in undertaking this challenge:

Lone Wolf:

This is a legitimate strategy! But, after a few minutes, you will be overrun anyway. Instead of doing this, I hole up in the central building with a DMR and shotgun, capping distant grunts and beating down elites as they come in. I still haven't gotten to the Lone Wolf BOB, which requires 36 dead covies to appear. My best run right now is 24 kills. Long way to go.

Interestingly, if you take down the Wraith gunners, a new Wraith spawns in, and you can have up to 8 Wraiths (there's four initially) firing away at you. Not a recommended course of action, but interesting nonetheless.

There are approximately 21 grunts that will show up in this level, and I think the best way to get to 36 kills is to take down every single grunt and make up the difference with elites. Also, Black Eye and Tilt help a lot. Black Eye makes you more or less invincible when you're inevitably brawling with Elites; so long as you nail a constant stream of bashes you'll keep you shield full. Tilt gives you a little more damage resistance, which is helpful.

Long Night of Solace:

There is a BOB at the beginning of this level who is giving me a great deal of difficulty. If anyone has any tips for this guy, I'd appreciate it. In any case, he arrives via drop pod, and lands in one of three locations, chosen randomly:

I've had to develop a sort of naming system for BOBs, since there's so many, so these are BOBs 6-A.i, 6-A.ii, and 6-A.iii respectively. (6 for the level, A for the order in the level [the second BOB in the level is B, the third is C], and the small numerals indicate multiple spawn locations for what is essentially the same BOB.)

After you're told to head into the base, a pair of Spirits show up to deposit enemies. While these Spirits are leaving, a random Marine will implore you to go into the base, and at that time the drop pod lands. He'll randomly be in one of three locations, and after the pod lands and opens you have two seconds to destroy him before he vanishes. It's actually barely enough time to hit him with anything at all. My current strategy is to squat behind where 6-A.i lands, hope he randomly drops there, wait for his door to open, and then try to hit him in the back before he can disappear. Lather, rinse, repeat. No luck yet.

If anyone has any questions or comments, let me know. Also drop a line here if you'd like a formal BOB strategy guide. I haven't found a good one (with videos, strategies, etc) yet, and most of the ones I have seen are just list of spawn locations. It would be a while before I could put one together, though.

Message Index

Replies:

Random BOB InformationLord Friendship 5/17/11 1:23 p.m.
     Re: Random BOB Informationdukemeiser 5/17/11 4:44 p.m.
           Re: Random BOB InformationInnerRayg 5/18/11 2:27 a.m.
                 Re: Random BOB InformationLord Friendship 5/18/11 11:36 a.m.
     Re: Random BOB InformationFlynn J Taggart 5/17/11 6:51 p.m.
           Thanks for the feedback! *NM*Lord Friendship 5/18/11 11:36 a.m.
     Reach SecretsFoxmanFX 5/18/11 9:24 a.m.
           Re: Reach SecretsLord Friendship 5/18/11 11:34 a.m.
     Re: Random BOB InformationSEspider 5/21/11 4:27 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.