glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: You know me... when I make a promise....
Posted By: General Vagueness <General.Vagueness@gmail.com>Date: 5/2/11 11:22 a.m.

In Response To: Re: You know me... when I make a promise.... (Decommissioner)

RC Master:
: Why don't you put them on an image hosting site then?

I hadn't thought about it for the screenshots, probably because I was more focused on the saved films-- I care more about them as they let anyone go and look for themselves-- and you should, there are all kinds of things I left out of my posts on all the maps. I'll have to put the screenshots in my file share and then upload them and then make a new post. I'll get around to that eventually.

Decomissioner:
: I, for one, am glad Bungie sacrificed a consistent frame rate so that they
: could make huge, unplayable areas that are only examined by players once
: in a while in the theater.

: I certainly don't buy console games so that they will run well on the
: hardware I have without having to upgrade. Who's laughing now, PC gamers?

As I said, the geometry is very simplified, all of the textures, except for the grass texture for some reason, were very low resolution, a lot of stuff is two-dimensional, and also there are gaps. I forgot to mention this is the same kind of space in the outer parts of Boneyard, Boardwalk, and a few other maps. If you remember they weren't sure they could even put Forge World in the game. In the safe section I mentioned there's an area with no location name (and isn't out of bounds). That sounds to me like an area that was planned and scrapped. All these factors indicate to me they would've made it bigger if they could.

You cannot fall off the floor.

Message Index

Replies:

You know me... when I make a promise....General Vagueness 5/1/11 10:10 p.m.
     Re: You know me... when I make a promise....RC Master 5/2/11 7:53 a.m.
           Re: You know me... when I make a promise....DMFanella 5/2/11 8:13 a.m.
           Re: You know me... when I make a promise....Louis Wu 5/2/11 9:12 a.m.
     Re: You know me... when I make a promise....Decommissioner 5/2/11 8:30 a.m.
           Re: You know me... when I make a promise....General Vagueness 5/2/11 11:22 a.m.
                 You know me... I make image dumps. (plus video)General Vagueness 5/2/11 5:13 p.m.
                 You know me... I make image dumps. (plus video)General Vagueness 5/2/11 10:47 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.