Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Recantment Accepted!
Posted By: Lord Friendship <steverichey01@gmail.com>Date: 4/14/11 2:06 p.m.

In Response To: Statement Recanted! (Morpheus)

: Ok, I've misspoken. Played a couple of Lone Wolves, didn't fare too well
: myself.

: Put up or shut up, eh? I guess since Firefight was so easy, I thought maybe
: Campaign wouldn't be as bad?

: *shuts up now*

... I'll take your constructive criticism to heart. The reason I disregard Elites initially is because kills are what matter (36 dead covies to get the BOB to spawn), not who you kill. There's 21 grunts in the level, and if you want BOB to show up you've got to try for all of them. It's pretty risky to ignore an Elite who's three feet from your face to headshot a grunt 30 feet away, but bullets don't do much to shields with Tilt on, so I didn't have much to work with.

That's also why I melee'd the Elite rather than wasting ammo on him; Tilt is on because of the slight damage resistant boost it gives, but the tradeoff is bulletproof Elites.

Also, I play with Black Eye on now, I learned my lesson. If you're going to end up in a fistfight with an Elite, you might as well get a little shield boost every time you hit him. This happens a lot, especially when the Elites enter their attack phase about 6 minutes into the level.

And yes, I blew myself up a bit. Just a little! And you didn't even say anything about my miserable Splaser experience! Four shots, and I barely nick one Elite Minor; that's the real crime here. Then later, missing BOB so much when he was directly in front of me? Pretty sad. My poor aim meant I had to go to the mat with him, but he charges at you so (I'll sensor myself here) BLAMing fast there's not much of another option.

... anyway, I'm sitting at around 300 attempts on this level across all difficulties with no successful LWLB (Lone Wolf Legendary BOB) kills, so I'm not going to toot my own horn and claim to be an expert. If anyone has a better way to survive in this level while also killing enemies, I'm open to it. Mostly in the above run, I got lucky, but I'd like to think that SOME of the credit goes to skill or strategy. Not much though.

In any case, I'm glad to see you recanted, because yes it is crazy hard. But a lot of valid criticisms in the original comment, I'm no Tyrant (I still cannot believe his Mythic LW run) but I'm trying to tackle this beast.

TL;DR Hey, I was trying my best! Also, thanks for the recant.

Message Index

Replies:

Lone Wolf BOB on Heroic: Wiped Out!Lord Friendship 4/8/11 4:56 p.m.
     Nice job!Beckx 4/8/11 7:06 p.m.
           Thanks! Only took ~100 tries :/ *NM*Lord Friendship 4/9/11 8:46 a.m.
     Re: Lone Wolf BOB on Heroic: Wiped Out!Kermit 4/9/11 3:10 a.m.
           Nice pic! *NM*Lord Friendship 4/9/11 8:47 a.m.
     Wow! Thx for the render & front page Wu! *NM*Lord Friendship 4/9/11 10:38 a.m.
           Re: Wow! Thx for the render & front page Wu!ZaneZavin 4/9/11 9:59 p.m.
                 Spirit DropshipsLord Friendship 4/11/11 9:11 a.m.
                       Re: Spirit DropshipsZaneZavin 4/11/11 9:36 a.m.
                             Re: Spirit DropshipsLord Friendship 4/12/11 10:00 a.m.
     Re: Lone Wolf BOB on Heroic: Wiped Out!Morpheus 4/13/11 11:21 p.m.
           Statement Recanted!Morpheus 4/13/11 11:31 p.m.
                 Recantment Accepted!Lord Friendship 4/14/11 2:06 p.m.
                       Re: Recantment Accepted!Ducain 4/14/11 2:55 p.m.
                             Re: Recantment Accepted!Lord Friendship 4/14/11 4:28 p.m.
                                   Sorry about the giant image. HTML fail. *NM*Lord Friendship 4/14/11 4:32 p.m.
                                   Re: Recantment Accepted!Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 4/14/11 8:41 p.m.
                                         Re: Recantment Accepted!Lord Friendship 4/14/11 9:01 p.m.
     Re: Lone Wolf BOB on Heroic: Wiped Out!Ducain 4/14/11 11:50 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.