Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Message from Dr. Muldoon
Posted By: Hive <seabeehive@yahoo.com>Date: 3/13/11 8:44 p.m.

In Response To: Reboot completed (Hive)

bzzt! I have applied your language filters.

Captain,

I'm honestly surprised. I've made more progress with CN Raschad in the first ten minutes than I have in all our sessions since we got in system. David has shown a great willingness to work with me on this matter. I suggested a sleeping aid and anti-anxiety medication, and he actually accepted.

He's scared by everything that's going on. People are starting to get twitchy and nervous. There's been talk of ghosts again amongst the crew. People are starting to walk on edge. You know it as well as I do. He's seeing it and the memories are coming to the forefront of his mind.

Considering what all he's been through, I find him rather well-adjusted. His PTSD is very well controlled, and his emotions are perfectly normal. As is his anxiety. However, he seems most focused on channeling this anxiety towards beneficial avenues. Such as organizing the matches tonight. Keeping people calm, in good spirits, and able to work efficiently are his highest priorities. The plans for escape are simply idle reflex.

So long as we keep him away from violence, I am clearing him for active duty. If I hear of even so much as a fistfight, though, I'm pulling him back into my office and off the duty roster until I can confirm that he hasn't slipped any.

I know you're going to be tempted to put him on ice. I'd strongly advise against that. We've agreed that revealing his past to the crew is a bad idea. Especially now. The only other public excuse is medical, and if if it's believed that Petty Officer Rushford caused him a bad enough injury to force him to go into a tank rather than treated here... I'll leave the implications up to you to work out. David is well-liked by the crew, and Hive tells me that there are already murmurings about him having to go to medical.

I attached a transcript of the worst of it. After this he calmed down considerably and spoke honestly. He even described, in vivid detail, some of what he went through without displaying any signs of flashbacks. Simply depression. In the interests of doctor/patient confidentiality, however, I'm not sharing no matter how much you might ask. He won't endanger the mission at this time, and that's what you're after, isn't it?

Also, can you tell me who the hell had the brilliant idea of putting him in this fight?

LT Muldoon, Robert

Raschad: So I start out by elbowing him in the throat. Immediately I kick the ref in the jimmies. That gives me enough time to get the gloves off before Gunther gets in the ring. Step out of his swing, grab his arm, thumb his left eye. Sammy will be the next in the ring. Jesus, I feint with my right, then give a left cross to Wolfman's face. That'll surprise her enough that she won't see the footsweep. Backfist to Masten, pull behind him, get his sidearm, ground him. Shoot Banks. Shoot Sammy. Shoot Werner. Shoot anybody else who rushes the ring. Move ASAP to the aft. Take 13-9-C down towards four. Deal with any opposition I meet along the way. Manual any doors. Manual the door to four behind me, lodge the gun in the works so they can't open it. Cut out Hive, manual a timer. Strip. Get in my tank. Get frozen and launched.
Muldoon: You didn't do that, though.
Raschad: I BLAMing planned it out!
Muldoon: Did you want to?
Raschad: BLAM no! Why the BLAM do you think I threw that godBLAM mother BLAMing fight? Why do you think I'm BLAMing here right BLAMing now instead of BLAMing finding a godBLAM bottle of hard stuff and drinking myself into next godBLAM week? It's not like I wanted to BLAMing see you!
Muldoon: But yet you came.
Raschad: Only because I'm not BLAMing stupid! The Cap ain't stupid! I was gonna get sent to see you no matter what! Why not save the middleman a bit of walking and come my BLAMing self?
Muldoon: Is that the only reason?
Raschad: ...No. No it's not. I... I want something to help me sleep. No dreams, no nightmares. No skulking along bulkheads with BLAMing monsters that used to be my buddies trying to do god knows what to me.
Muldoon: You're tired.
Raschad: You have no idea. Every time somebody says to me, “You must have seen some action,” I just... What the hell am I supposed to say? I saw my reflection and it looked like a monster who did everything that I did so I tried ripping my face off with my own two hands?
Muldoon: You weren't in your right mind.
Raschad: You can say that again.
Muldoon: No. You know what I mean. Nobody on that ship was in their right mind. The only people who were, you saved. You had the presence of mind to save them. And yourself. You fought as little as possible. You know that.
Raschad: Yeah.
Muldoon: For what you went through, you've come so far. You haven't been medicated in years. You're proud of that.
Raschad: That's what scares me. I mean... If it's only natural that I plot my escape without even realizing it... What if I actually want to act on it? What if I actually start to want to try and escape? Then what happens if I give in to that wanting? Do I start braining people?
Muldoon: It won't happen again.
Raschad: Why not? The tech's better, but what's to say something won't go all goatBLAM and I won't end up in a situation that you only see in video games again?
Muldoon: Because. You won't let it happen. Will you?
Raschad: ...This is the part where I sit down and we start the psyche, isn't it?
Muldoon: No. This is the part where you sit down and I help you.

Message Index

Replies:

Reboot completedHive 3/13/11 8:06 a.m.
     Re: Reboot completedSonGoharotto 3/13/11 9:05 a.m.
           Re: Reboot completedHive 3/13/11 3:57 p.m.
                 Re: Reboot completedOMGIts Renegade 3/13/11 4:18 p.m.
                 Re: Reboot completedSonGoharotto 3/13/11 4:20 p.m.
                       Re: Reboot completedOMGIts Renegade 3/13/11 4:21 p.m.
                             It's not a competition *NM*SonGoharotto 3/13/11 4:23 p.m.
                                   Shhhhhhhh, thats what they want you to think. *NM*OMGIts Renegade 3/13/11 4:24 p.m.
     Re: Reboot completedCarver 3/13/11 9:42 a.m.
     Cryo Bay 3Hive 3/13/11 4:15 p.m.
           Re: Cryo Bay 3OMGIts Renegade 3/13/11 4:21 p.m.
           Re: Cryo Bay 3SonGoharotto 3/13/11 4:23 p.m.
                 Re: Cryo Bay 3Hive 3/13/11 4:44 p.m.
                       Re: Cryo Bay 3SonGoharotto 3/13/11 5:27 p.m.
                       Re: Cryo Bay 3General Vagueness 3/13/11 8:02 p.m.
           Re: Cryo Bay 3Hive 3/13/11 4:54 p.m.
                 ^*"Oh shit" moment*ZackDark 3/13/11 5:05 p.m.
                 UpdateHive 3/13/11 5:22 p.m.
                       Re: UpdateHive 3/13/11 5:29 p.m.
                             *headdesk* *NM*SonGoharotto 3/13/11 5:33 p.m.
                       Re: UpdateSonGoharotto 3/13/11 5:33 p.m.
                             Re: UpdateSonGoharotto 3/13/11 5:34 p.m.
                                   Re: UpdateHive 3/13/11 5:41 p.m.
     MatchHive 3/13/11 5:32 p.m.
           Match 2Hive 3/13/11 5:59 p.m.
                 Match 3Hive 3/13/11 6:11 p.m.
                       Re: Match 3Hive 3/13/11 6:23 p.m.
                             Re: Match 3ZackDark 3/13/11 6:26 p.m.
                             Re: Match 3NsU Soldier 3/13/11 6:29 p.m.
                             Match 5Hive 3/13/11 7:32 p.m.
                                   Match 6Hive 3/13/11 7:56 p.m.
                             Re: Match 3SonGoharotto 3/13/11 9:49 p.m.
     Alert!Hive 3/13/11 5:52 p.m.
           Damn you Vagueness.jo 3/13/11 6:08 p.m.
                 Re: Damn you Vagueness.NsU Soldier 3/13/11 6:15 p.m.
                       Sorry Vagueness.jo 3/13/11 6:17 p.m.
                 Re: Damn you Vagueness.General Vagueness 3/13/11 8:06 p.m.
           Re: Alert!ZackDark 3/13/11 6:14 p.m.
                 Re: Alert!SonGoharotto 3/13/11 6:18 p.m.
                       Which are...? *NM*ZackDark 3/13/11 6:23 p.m.
                             Pretty standard, reallySonGoharotto 3/13/11 9:50 p.m.
                 Re: Alert!NsU Soldier 3/13/11 6:23 p.m.
                       Re: Alert!ZackDark 3/13/11 6:25 p.m.
                             Re: Alert!NsU Soldier 3/13/11 6:32 p.m.
                                   It mystifies me...SonGoharotto 3/13/11 9:56 p.m.
           Re: Alert!General Vagueness 3/13/11 8:05 p.m.
     UNSC AbnettHive 3/13/11 8:03 p.m.
     Message from Dr. MuldoonHive 3/13/11 8:44 p.m.
           Re: Message from Dr. Muldooniamalex13 3/13/11 9:56 p.m.
                 Re: Message from Dr. MuldoonHive 3/13/11 9:58 p.m.
                       Re: Message from Dr. Muldooniamalex13 3/13/11 10:01 p.m.
                             Re: Message from Dr. MuldoonHive 3/13/11 10:02 p.m.
                             We gotta get organizedSonGoharotto 3/13/11 10:05 p.m.
                                   Re: We gotta get organizedNsU Soldier 3/14/11 1:05 a.m.
                                         insomniaErrantVagrant 3/14/11 1:47 a.m.
                                               Re: insomniaNsU Soldier 3/14/11 2:19 a.m.
                                               I agreeZackDark 3/14/11 2:34 a.m.
                                                     Re: I agreeNsU Soldier 3/14/11 3:55 a.m.
                                                           An ideaZackDark 3/14/11 4:01 a.m.
                                                                 Re: An ideaiamalex13 3/14/11 6:45 a.m.
                                                           Re: I agreeThe Loot 3/14/11 10:40 a.m.
                       Re: Message from Dr. Muldooniamalex13 3/13/11 10:21 p.m.
           Monsters...Carver 3/13/11 10:17 p.m.
                 Re: Monsters...iamalex13 3/13/11 10:24 p.m.
                 Re: Monsters...ZackDark 3/13/11 11:24 p.m.
     Ack!ISitInA 3/13/11 10:07 p.m.
           Good place to post thisSonGoharotto 3/14/11 8:34 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.