Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: More good things we didn't get
Posted By: mattroe <matt_roe@live.com>Date: 2/15/11 1:55 a.m.

In Response To: More good things we didn't get (Bry)

: More concept art, this time showing an idea that's always fallen victim to
: Bungie's scissors.

:
: http://www.isaachannaford.com/2011/02/halo-reach-boat-and-pioneer-offroad.html

Eegh... I hate articles like these, they make me wonder what other awesome things we missed... Reach's campaign could have been amazing - not saying it wasn't good, just saying it was such a missed opportunity. I've ranted about it before, I'll rant about it again... Reach was probably the most linear campaign of any Halo, why did Bungie have to tease us with comments about exploration and enormous battles, only to not include them in the final game... I mean, if they were teasing us with them, it's safe to assume that Bungie knew they were fun and important parts of Halo, so why were they cut?! Bllaaaaargggh

If it's to do with quality control - that sucks. I'd rather have 3 good meals in one day than half of a great meal, if the analogy works. Even that proof-of-concept of a "global battle" from E3 looked more fun than any of the vehicle sections in Reach... bearing in mind I don't think of the space battle as a classic vehicle section, it was more of a game within a game. Not saying it wasn't good, just saying it's not really what I think of when I think "Halo vehicle section". I want infantry and vehicles of all sorts to shoot at, plenty of room to drive around, the option to abandon my vehicle and take another... not 95% literally empty space and some dots on my HUD to shoot at.

Message Index

Replies:

More good things we didn't getBry 2/14/11 4:54 p.m.
     Why did I click??Leviathan 2/14/11 4:57 p.m.
           A BOAT, @#$%jo 2/14/11 8:37 p.m.
                 Re: A BOAT, @#$%Hedgemony 2/14/11 9:40 p.m.
                       Re: A BOAT, @#$%bluerunner 2/14/11 11:30 p.m.
                             Re: A BOAT, @#$%The Loot 2/14/11 11:51 p.m.
                             Re: A BOAT, @#$%JonnyOThan 2/15/11 1:07 a.m.
                                   Re: A BOAT, @#$%pete_the_duck 2/15/11 9:21 a.m.
     Bungie's new projectAzo 'Galvat 2/14/11 8:41 p.m.
     Re: More good things we didn't getmattroe 2/15/11 1:55 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.