Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Yes and no...
Posted By: iMonkey777 <n_baker2@polaris.salemstate.edu>Date: 12/1/10 3:24 p.m.

In Response To: My take (ZaneZavin)

: It's very interesting. November 2011 marking the ten year anniversary, would
: make for a great release date. It would be an easier first release for
: 343. It gives them a chance to win over current Bungie fans. A CE remake
: is much less challenging than Halo 4 because you know the locations and
: the enemies. Much less time is needed in conceptualizing and overall
: design. Halo 4 requires starts with a fresh slate and fresh opportunities.

I'm completely undecided about this debate. I enjoy the concept of updating old but good games (I've been wanting a Marathon update for awhile). Even with it's aged graphics, Halo CE is gorgeous, but it could be so much gorgeouser with a simple graphics retooling. Also, what if they released it with support for Live co-op campaign? It could all be very good, but there is of course the fact that a re-release could potentially tarnish nearly everyone's memories of the game that brought many of us here.

The reason why I think it could be good for 343i is because it's a very simple project based on something that is very dear to our hearts, and therefore the payout could be good. The reason it could be bad is because of the two reasons above. Re-releasing could mean that 343i's first commercial product would split the community - those who like it, and those who don't. Not a very good start. I fear I'm sounding too negative, and this is all just speculation anyway. but where would we be without rampant speculation?

: If this remake is made I hope they include a classic mode. I want there to be
: one mode where the enemies are almost exactly the same in number and
: location as the original and weapons are the same. Then I want a different
: mode where they throw the kitchen sink at us. More enemies (heretics,
: drones, brutes) more weapons (fuel rod, flame thrower, battle rifle/DMR?),
: a couple new missions on the installation.

I think they'd have to remake it almost exactly. I would love to see some new stuff too, though. Maybe some action at Alpha Base somehow.

: I'm sure I'll buy it no matter what, but it will go a long way to shaping my
: opinion of 343.

Message Index

Replies:

MS respond to the halo 1 remake rumorsElzarTheBam 12/1/10 7:49 a.m.
     Re: ..by saying nothing one way or the otherpete_the_duck 12/1/10 7:56 a.m.
           Re: ..by saying nothing one way or the otherPkmnrulz240 12/1/10 8:08 a.m.
                 Re: ..by saying nothing one way or the otherJDQuackers 12/1/10 8:19 a.m.
                 Re: ..by saying nothing one way or the otherRC Master 12/1/10 8:48 a.m.
                 Re: ..by saying nothing one way or the othersnakegriffin 12/1/10 8:49 a.m.
                       mmmmmmm......60 minuteMazz 12/1/10 10:00 a.m.
                             Re: mmmmmmm......60 minute *OT*JDQuackers 12/1/10 11:18 a.m.
                                   Stop, you're making me thirsty! *NM* *NM*snakegriffin 12/1/10 11:25 a.m.
                                         These posts are making me thirsty! *NM*JDQuackers 12/1/10 11:35 a.m.
                                               Bosco! *NM*thebruce0 12/1/10 12:03 p.m.
                                                     What's your passcode George! *NM*ZaneZavin 12/1/10 1:10 p.m.
                 Re: ..by saying nothing one way or the otherpete_the_duck 12/1/10 9:04 a.m.
                 FUN! with other drunk people ........ *NM*T07WRX5 12/1/10 9:30 a.m.
                 Re: ..by saying nothing one way or the otherCthulhu117 12/1/10 1:24 p.m.
           Re: more like "it's supposed to be a surprise!"RyanTheHeretic 12/1/10 12:41 p.m.
                 Re: more like "it's supposed to be a surprise!"ZaneZavin 12/1/10 1:15 p.m.
     My takeZaneZavin 12/1/10 8:07 a.m.
           Re: My takepadraig08 12/1/10 8:21 a.m.
           Yes and no...iMonkey777 12/1/10 3:24 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.