Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: The End Of Fiesta *vid*
Posted By: FyreWulffDate: 11/16/10 1:41 p.m.

In Response To: Re: The End Of Fiesta *vid* (padraig08)

: I don't remember Bungie ever following up on the state of Halo 3 DEXP
: playlists. Wasn't there supposed to be a big send off for Halo numero tres

Technically, the last Maption Sack was supposed to be the last DEXP for Halo 3 (maybe?). Shishka had told Urk this for the update. This is probably because Shishka more than likely already knew he was going to go persue other things, and wasn't going to assume someone else would take over DEXP after he was gone.

Only thing I can guess now is that Ninja on Fire is continuing the H3 DEXPs on his own time. This is also technically the Second Final Fiesta, as there was one right before the supposed shut down date.

For all we know, we could still be having H3 DEXPs this time next year. But seeing as how the playlists page for H3 is no longer updated on Bungie.net, I think whoever at Bungie wants to keep them going do it out of their own want to continue to support it and are not getting official support IE testing and full on cert support like when H3 was the main game. This is all speculation, though.

All I seriously want though is at least one more go-round for Team Melee (Last appearance: April 16, 2009) . We haven't seen that one for almost two years now. Even 3-Ball got resurrected after being gone for a year.

I've asked Urk if he could give us a list of the upcoming DEXPs. He said he'd ping NoF. Haven't heard a response yet, but patience is a virtue here as they have more important things to do (getting ready to launch the Noble Map Pack for instance). So we may or may not get to know when H3 DEXP is truly going to end. Still pretty impressive that it's getting support though.

Message Index

Replies:

The End Of Fiesta *vid*Morpheus 11/16/10 12:58 p.m.
     ;_;NartFOpc 11/16/10 1:09 p.m.
     Re: The End Of Fiesta *vid*padraig08 11/16/10 1:10 p.m.
           Re: The End Of Fiesta *vid*FyreWulff 11/16/10 1:41 p.m.
     Re: The End Of Fiesta *vid*sharpsniper99 11/16/10 1:32 p.m.
           Re: The End Of Fiesta *vid*Morpheus 11/16/10 4:39 p.m.
     Sorry to ask you the same question I asked Bry...RyanTheHeretic 11/16/10 2:00 p.m.
           Re: Sorry to ask you the same question I asked Brykanbo 11/16/10 2:13 p.m.
                 Re: Sorry to ask you the same question I asked BryBry 11/16/10 2:58 p.m.
                       Re: Sorry to ask you the same question I asked Brythebruce0 11/16/10 5:00 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.