Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Damn you, Bob! *IMG*
Posted By: BlueNinja <kennethdemuyt@msn.com>Date: 10/13/10 1:57 p.m.

Ever since I heard of Elites scouring the countryside of our beloved Reach, I've been travelling all across the planet, trying to document and study the creatures. While ONI tries to depict them as brainless lizards, I've discovered they're actually very clever, very fierce and very proud warriors, who wouldn't hesitate to snap my neck and eat my elbows. This knowledge, however, has not stopped me: after all, I've had some training to deal with problematic and armored situations.

As I traveled and documented, I began hearing tales of a mysterious type of Elite. These mandibled enigmas look a lot like their lesser Ranger brethren, with one key difference: they have Gold armor. I was intrigued, to say the least. Occasionally, I came across one of these Bigfoots of the Sangheili species, and quickly discerned a pattern: they would always appear in the same place, and when they spotted any human presence nearby, would make a break for it, eventually disappearing alltogether. Curious behavior for an Elite, to say the least.

So imagine my surprise when, as I was traversing the Covenant-infested landscape of Utzkotet, one of these so-called 'Bobs' (as the population of Reach have come to calling them) not only appeared appeared in a place it had never appeared before, but also proceeded to attack me. Not having anticipated this attack, I was quickly overwhelmed, and forced to retreat.

The Elite, while more aggressive than his colleagues, was still less aggressive than a "normal" Sangheili, however. As I made my second foray into its territory, it just stood there, and watched: undoubtedly waiting for me to get close again.

In the end, my survival instincts took over, and I decided I'd kill first, and investigate later. In an impressive display of gravity-defiance (even if I do say so myself), I pushed the Elite down to my level, where I'd be able to tango with him on a much more intimate distance.

I don't like dancing, though, and quickly decided to cut our téte-ŕ-téte short. Literally.

Sadly, I could not recover the body, as the area was riddled with numerous other Covenant forces all out for my blood and elbows. Thankfully, I did manage to record the incident, and put it up on my File Share. The encounter hasn't been rendered, but perhaps there is a fellow scientific soul out there with some render minutes to spare.

Message Index

Replies:

Damn you, Bob! *IMG*BlueNinja 10/13/10 1:57 p.m.
     Re: Damn you, Bob! *IMG*ZaneZavin 10/13/10 2:03 p.m.
           Re: Damn you, Bob! *IMG*BlueNinja 10/13/10 2:06 p.m.
                 Re: Damn you, Bob! *IMG*Sl'askia 10/13/10 2:08 p.m.
                       I wonder if Bob-killing will have anything to do..GrimBrother One 10/13/10 2:22 p.m.
                             ThisVandle Valsher 10/13/10 2:46 p.m.
                                   I'm pretty sure! KILL THEM BOBS! *NM*hyokin 10/13/10 5:59 p.m.
                 Re: Damn you, Bob! *IMG*Hawaiian Pig 10/13/10 3:09 p.m.
                       Re: Damn you, Bob! *IMG*BlueNinja 10/14/10 4:36 a.m.
     Rendered *NM*Kermit 10/13/10 2:19 p.m.
           Thanks! *NM*BlueNinja 10/13/10 2:30 p.m.
                 Embedded.BlueNinja 10/13/10 2:44 p.m.
                       Re: Embedded.Beckx 10/13/10 2:49 p.m.
                             Re: Embedded.thebruce0 10/13/10 4:37 p.m.
     This is going to make things difficult...Hikaru-119 10/13/10 4:44 p.m.
           You need a girlfriend...bluerunner 10/13/10 4:48 p.m.
                 Re: You need a girlfriend...Hikaru-119 10/13/10 11:08 p.m.
     Re: Damn you, Bob! *IMG*furiocity 10/13/10 8:28 p.m.
           Only one will, and he's not a Bob7he grunt w/a plasma pistol 10/13/10 9:04 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.