Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: "Legacy" A year long montage project complete
Posted By: Casimir <casimirswrath@gmail.com>Date: 9/9/10 5:33 p.m.

In Response To: Re: "Legacy" A year long montage project complete (oddworld)

: i appreciated the melodrama. the after effects work throughout was really
: great, even if the footage was edited within an inch of its life overall.

: i stopped watching montages for a good long time, but i like to see the
: creators inject some personality. that's why i loved 2070 productions
: montages so much - they felt "created" instead of just
: "collected". I feel the same way about Legacy, and I can even
: look past the MLG "arrogance" that's turning a lot of you off.

: have some love for the art :)

Oh, don't mistake me for not enjoying it.

The idea of derelict versions of the maps is fantastic, especially the one clip that suggested that Blackout got so worn out over fights that it just fell apart, especially considering how popular it was as Lockout and technically still is. Although it wasn't the incredibly good choreography that Monty Oum churns out for RvB, I can easily say they compare with him graphically, in terms of what they did at the beginning.

It's just that it feels like the MLG crowd encourages a more childish outlook on gaming. Instead of having a good game (and telling the other team you enjoyed playing them, even if you stomped them into the ground), or at least saying nothing if you destroy them, they just take it as more opportunity to go YOU SUCK, N00B. The entire pro gaming circuit comes off as pointlessly arrogant to the point where I got so embittered that even though they were emphasizing it was for fun, a community TF2 Pro-vs-Joes thing endorsed by Valve just came off looking bad to me. To this day I admit I've avoided players who claimed to be Pro just because I dislike the seemingly inherent attitude that comes with most of them. Hell, I'm avoiding Team Schooly D because I can't even tell if they're serious or not, and I don't want to give the benefit of the doubt anymore.

I guess that's what happens when you stop playing for fun and start playing for props or money, or something else.

Message Index

Replies:

"Legacy" A year long montage project completeThe Handmade Hero 9/9/10 2:27 a.m.
     Insane! *NM*Sqorck 9/9/10 3:35 a.m.
     Re: "Legacy" A year long montage project completeCasimir 9/9/10 3:56 a.m.
           Re: "Legacy" A year long montage project completemattroe 9/9/10 5:38 a.m.
                 Re: "Legacy" A year long montage project completeoddworld 9/9/10 6:53 a.m.
                       Re: "Legacy" A year long montage project completemattroe 9/9/10 6:59 a.m.
                       Re: "Legacy" A year long montage project completeCasimir 9/9/10 5:33 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.