Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: "Techno"...what a joke!
Posted By: PyroSporker16 <PyroSporker16@comcast.net>Date: 6/26/10 1:42 a.m.

In Response To: Quick bit on "Marty Techno"... Reach Trailer music (GrimBrother One)

: via Kotaku:
: http://kotaku.com/5572658/the-halo-reach-techno-music-was-intentional

: Grim

"Techno", Seriously? Kotaku somehow hears "techno" in that bit of music? What a joke! It fast paced and action packed, but techno? They must have been trying to get some web traffic on that story by having an outlandish article title, and claiming somehow that it wasn't intentional? Makes me sick.

The thing that really gets me is that the music in the video is barely even hear-able over the game sounds! Yet it is being judged and called out by them as somehow preposterous? It is there as a set piece in the background to get your blood pumping and your butt on the edge of the chair for a tense storming of the beach!

I don't even see it as some wild stretch for my main man Marty. If you listen to the Oni Soundtrack, Myth soundtracks, Or the entirety of the Halo soundtracks, you will hear that he has TONS of variety, even though sometimes there is a familiar theme (but that's the beauty of it). He is not some one trick pony by any means! Why paint the guy into a box like that? He is a legitimate composer and silly people shouldn't be so surprised when he uses a different technique to set that right mood for the situation at hand.

Message Index

Replies:

Quick bit on "Marty Techno"... Reach Trailer musicGrimBrother One 6/25/10 2:09 p.m.
     Re: Quick bit on "Marty Techno"... Reach Trailer mThe BS Police 6/25/10 5:28 p.m.
           Re: Quick bit on "Marty Techno"... Reach Trailer mHedgemony 6/25/10 5:45 p.m.
                 HBO: Marty is our studhorse. *NM*GrimBrother One 6/25/10 6:21 p.m.
           Love that track.BlueNinja 6/26/10 4:26 a.m.
     Re: Quick bit on "Marty Techno"... Reach Trailer merrod 6/25/10 6:27 p.m.
     Re: "Techno"...what a joke!PyroSporker16 6/26/10 1:42 a.m.
           That's What I Was Thinking!Morpheus 6/29/10 12:22 a.m.
                 Re: That's What I Was Thinking!DEEP NNN 6/29/10 7:14 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.