Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: That is not my problem
Posted By: 343winks.Date: 4/30/10 6:12 a.m.

In Response To: Re: That is not my problem (Phoenix_9286)

: Jesus... It's not like I don't have OTHER WAYS to give Bungie my hard earned
: dollar. Other ways that feed DIRECTLY to them. Get off your high horse
: about not supporting a company I love. It's bullshit.

Alright, stop it. Both of you.

Both of you seem to think that you are right about their views, but in truth BOTH of you are right and wrong about this.

I thought about something that I think both of you should hear.

Pheonix, you have ever right to not like Activision and their business views. Many developers, including Bungie, believe that the fans come first. If you have no fans, you cannot make money. So, it is better to please the fans and give them products they will like rather than just worrying about "will this make money?" Bungie knows this and I trust them to not be stupid about this. According to the interviews they are not and they are staying true to their roots. They are just using Activision to reach more fans with their great products. In a way, it is almost a genius move as we all know Activision is now the number one publisher on the market. (Keep in mind I said "number one", not "the greatest.")

However, if you support Bungie, then you should support them no matter what they do. I trust Bungie enough and I will buy the products even if I don't like how Activision pays out. Bungie wants to please us...THEIR fans...and if they have to deal with the devil to bring us better games then I guess devil's advocate here. Just know that they do all this for us, not for Activision.

We also have the fact that this isn't like hat is going on between Infinity Ward and Activision. IW is owned by Activision and the terms are a little bit differently. Activision can look down at IW and say "do it or I will spank you" motif because they own them. Like a father to son kind of thing. With Bungie, it is not like that. Activision will HAVE to play ball with Bungie according to THEIR terms or no deal. Activision can't look down at Bungie. Instead they are looking eye to eye. So to speak. Since Bungie is now independent, Bungie are big boys now and they were raised by Microsoft who can be just as stubborn as Activision.

Bungie is fully capable of taking care of themselves and I don;t think they will let Activision push them around. If Activision tried to though, I bet they would be in a world of hurt.

Now Miguel, you are right that people should not let their hate for Activision ruin Bungie. That is stupid and childish, but I hope you understand why people hate Activision as they do.

We all like Bungie because they love their fans more than they love money. Every loves to turn a profit, but in order to turn a profit you need to make a quality product to your demographic. In this case they work hand in hand. We, the fans, win because we get awesome products made by Bungie and have fun....and Bungie wins because they turn a profit and get money for their hardwork. The whole "One hand washes the other" kind of thing.

Activision does not see that. They care more about the money and will produce any crappy product just to make that profit. They will even rape something just to make a quick buck. I keep being reminded of the Ghosbusters video game, to which I love, and Activision was SUPPOSED to publish it. Actvision decided not to at the last minute and said "We do not want to support a product that won't make money."

Does that sound like a publisher who cares about their fans? Activision makes more money on World of Warcraft than anything else. They probably have more money than they know what to do with, but they they sit here and want more?

That's what people hated. Activision have shown on many occasions that they do not care about their fans, only the profit.

Now, let me ask you, what if Bungie was like that? What if they didn't care about the quality of their products and instead said "Fuck it, we just want to make money." (Heck, as was shown they were even nice enough to give an interview telling us the fans not to fear.)

I think even you would not be a fan of them. So I am not saying we all have to agree, but at least understand the reasons everyone has for their views.

You Miguel, should know that more than anyone else.

Message Index

Replies:

Those of you upset about ActivisionMiguel Chavez 4/29/10 7:31 p.m.
     Luis is gonna be madrolandk73 4/29/10 7:33 p.m.
           *Louis *NM*rolandk73 4/29/10 7:34 p.m.
     That is not my problemThe BS Police 4/29/10 7:38 p.m.
           Re: That is not my problemHunt3r 4/29/10 7:48 p.m.
                 Re: That is not my problemThe BS Police 4/29/10 8:17 p.m.
                       Re: That is not my problemIbeechu 4/29/10 8:24 p.m.
                       Re: That is not my problemPhoenix_9286 4/29/10 8:30 p.m.
                             Re: That is not my problemHedgemony 4/29/10 8:47 p.m.
                                   Re: That is not my problemGeneral Vagueness 4/29/10 9:03 p.m.
                                   Re: That is not my problemPhoenix_9286 4/29/10 9:04 p.m.
                                         Re: That is not my problemGeneral Vagueness 4/29/10 9:16 p.m.
                                         Re: That is not my problemMiguel Chavez 4/30/10 12:02 a.m.
                                               Re: Thanks for the backup...Hedgemony 4/30/10 12:32 a.m.
                                               What's up post #980000 *NM*Eiii 4/30/10 12:51 a.m.
                                               Re: That is not my problemPhoenix_9286 4/30/10 3:04 a.m.
                                                     Re: That is not my problem343winks. 4/30/10 6:12 a.m.
                                         Re: That is not my problemtln 4/30/10 10:14 a.m.
                                   Unfair trade: the other white meat. *NM**THASF* A.K.A. "The Halo And Sonic Fan" 4/29/10 9:19 p.m.
           Re: That is not my problemCasimir 4/29/10 8:25 p.m.
     And...It's good! :P *NM*NsU Soldier 4/29/10 7:45 p.m.
     Re: Those of you upset about ActivisionHedgemony 4/29/10 7:49 p.m.
           LatinNosolee 4/29/10 8:03 p.m.
                 Re: LatinHedgemony 4/29/10 8:05 p.m.
                       Re: LatinNosolee 4/29/10 8:08 p.m.
     who was worried? *NM*Hawaiian Pig 4/29/10 7:51 p.m.
     What i still want to know:Hunt3r 4/29/10 7:54 p.m.
     Re: Those of you upset about Activision*THASF* A.K.A. "The Halo And Sonic Fan" 4/29/10 8:08 p.m.
           Re: Those of you upset about ActivisionNsU Soldier 4/29/10 8:32 p.m.
           Re: Those of you upset about ActivisionPhoenix_9286 4/29/10 8:33 p.m.
     This is MS taking over Mac Bungie all over again *NM*donttalk 4/29/10 9:27 p.m.
           Not trueDHalo 4/29/10 9:47 p.m.
     Re: Those of you upset about ActivisionKonrad 4/29/10 9:50 p.m.
     Re: Those of you upset about ActivisionSomeone 4/30/10 12:09 a.m.
     My qualms have been assauged. *NM*grantix 4/30/10 12:50 a.m.
     Re: Those of you upset about Activision343winks. 4/30/10 4:46 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.