glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

News: Marty leaves Bungie! O_O nooooo!!!!
Posted By: AngelicLionheart <AngelicLionheart@gmail.com>Date: 4/1/10 8:14 a.m.

:(

From my favorite news site:

"Shock and horror rippled through the Bungie fan community today when Marty O'Donnell, longtime Bungie composer and widely celebrated master of music left Bungie studios, citing unprofessional workplace conduct as the cause.

"I can't work like this," Marty was quoted as saying. "You see this? He knocked some teeth loose. I'm going to have to PAY to get those replaced, which REALLY sucks for me, because Bungie hasn't ever provided dental. Those Flintstones residuals don't bring in THAT much. This is the last straw, Jason!"

Mr. O'Donnell was of course referring to the fallout that he and Steve Downes, voice of the the Master Chief from the Halo series, had experienced because of a dispute that broke out following Mr. Downes' delivery of certain lines from Halo Reach. This, as many already know, made headlines earlier this morning after Brian Jarrard, Community Rodeo Clown for Bungie, posted a picture to his Twitter account from his cell phone showing the bruised area on Mr. O'Donnell's lower left cheek, with the caption "Oh, snap! Looks like he CAN stick it after all, Marty!"

We wish Mr. O'Donnell well in whatever ventures he pursues. He was last seen being consoled by John Carmack.

UPDATE: This just in: We have a video of the altercation, courtesy of urk, complete with transcription:

O'Donnell (ripping off headphones): "No, no, NO! How many times do I have to tell you, Steve, 'gravelly meets silky!' 'gravelly meets silky!' not... not whatever it is that YOU'RE doing! You NAILED this the first three games, what is going on with you this time???"

Downes: "Look bud, I don't much like your attitude. *hic* You need to take a chill pill and sit the **** down. Right now."

O'Donnell: "I! ...I WHAT?!"

Downes: "You heard me. B****."

O'Donnell: "Okay, that's it! You're OUTTA HERE! Sayonara! See ya!" *he goes to the recording booth door, opens it, and points out of the room towards the door leading into the Ivory Tower*

Downes: "What the **** are you ****ing talking about?! I'm the mother****ing Master ****ing Chief! You can't fire ME! Don't you know who I am?!"

O'Donnell: "Oh yeah?! Wanna bet?! I'm gonna make sure that you never--! is that... do I smell whiskey on your breath?"

Downes: "Uh... no..."

O'Donnell: "It is! You're frakking drunk, you tin-can, bucket-headed, Iron Man Wannabe! Get out of my studio!"

Downes: "YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!!"

*the two scuffle after Downes tackles O'Donnell to the ground, then Marty wrenches free a moment only to dropkick Downes as he starts to get up*

*Urk is heard close to his smartphone's microphone, cheering them on and taking bets between various Bungie employee onlookers*

Urk: "Ohhhhh, hohohohoho! This is going on YouTube TO-DAY! Yessir!"

*the last thing we see is Marty looking over at Stosh after hearing him say that and grabbing the phone.*

Message Index

Replies:

News: Marty leaves Bungie! O_O nooooo!!!!AngelicLionheart 4/1/10 8:14 a.m.
     Re: News: Marty leaves Bungie! O_O nooooo!!!!DEEP NNN 4/1/10 8:44 a.m.
           Re: News: Marty leaves Bungie! O_O nooooo!!!!Darknesshasfallen 4/1/10 8:45 a.m.
     heh, awesome. *NM*JeSteR 343 4/1/10 8:53 a.m.
           Re: heh, awesome.Dax01 4/1/10 9:05 a.m.
     LOLWildcard Tim 4/1/10 10:27 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.