Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Architecture in "The Babysitter"
Posted By: reprobateDate: 12/5/09 3:35 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Architecture in "The Babysitter" (Frankie)

: If we thought it was going to be an issue wouldn't it have been easier to
: paint simple Forerunner structures? Like the ruins from Sanctuary? And why
: would we have a very strange ONI spook sending a Spartan on a sniper
: mission with a camera...?

Well, I just have a lot of respect for everyone involved with the production of these projects (yourself included), so I may have overestimated your ability to predict the (again) insane rantings of the community (or in this case just myself).

From my perspective as an audience member with no connection into 343 or the teams that made the shorts, I have no idea how much or how little influence the individual teams had on placing their "stamp" on each. When I see divergences from Bungie-established Halo as I know it, it makes me begin to question the source. Seeing as how you all are also understandably fans of the folks you worked with on these projects, maybe whatever authority you had on trying to explain what is Halo to them was lost in translation in the desire to work with them to create a kick ass product (which honestly, Legends and Evolutions still are from my perspective (then again I haven't seen/read them all yet)).

You've been given a relatively Herculean task by being placed as the final authority into all things Halo for Microsoft, and you've been doing a pretty good job so far. I appreciate you taking the time to listen and respond to our rants.

Message Index

Replies:

Architecture in "The Babysitter"zofinda 12/4/09 7:10 p.m.
     *Minor Halo Evolutions spoilers*^^^^^ *NM*zofinda 12/4/09 7:11 p.m.
           Re: *Minor Halo Evolutions spoilers*^^^^^Frankie 12/4/09 7:18 p.m.
                 Re: *Minor Halo Evolutions spoilers*^^^^^zofinda 12/4/09 7:23 p.m.
                       Re: *Minor Halo Evolutions spoilers*^^^^^GrimBrother One 12/4/09 9:29 p.m.
                             Re: *Minor Halo Evolutions spoilers*^^^^^zofinda 12/4/09 9:42 p.m.
                 Re: *Minor Halo Evolutions spoilers*^^^^^Metalingus627 12/4/09 9:44 p.m.
                 Re: *Minor Halo Evolutions spoilers*^^^^^Zeouterlimits 12/5/09 7:56 p.m.
     Re: Architecture in "The Babysitter"reprobate 12/5/09 12:22 a.m.
           Re: Architecture in "The Babysitter"zofinda 12/5/09 1:24 a.m.
           Re: Architecture in "The Babysitter"Frankie 12/5/09 1:48 a.m.
                 Re: Architecture in "The Babysitter"reprobate 12/5/09 3:35 a.m.
     Re: Architecture in "The Babysitter"Archilen 12/6/09 8:02 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.