Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Firefight Solo Guide: Crater
Posted By: SonofMacPhisto <sethjewett@gmail.com>Date: 10/29/09 4:27 p.m.

In Response To: Firefight Solo Guide: Crater (Monochron)

This was great, and I'm glad you're planning on more. I enjoy solo Firefight very much, and look forward to the discussion this creates. I've not played Crater solo much, preferring to stick on Alpha Site for now. I have a few questions though.

Generally speaking, do you have any thoughts regarding the difficulty levels? Would you suggest these strategies for all of them, or make any kind of tweaks depending on the setting?

Like I said earlier, I haven't played Crater solo all that much, but on Alpha Site I've learned that the moment the final wave starts you always have enough to time snag the rocket launcher and get back. On Crater I don't think this is always possible, so what do you think about starting the wave in that underneath area where the rocket launcher spawns? On Alpha Site, I use the PP/Rocket Launcher combo as the Chieftains approach, and then grab whatever they dropped to deal with the rest. On Crater I imagine you could do the same, but you do risk not having access to health packs if the Chieftains deal significant damage.

Regarding the SMG, I wouldn't underestimate it for drones even when Tilt is on. You can take out the non-shielded ones just as quickly, therefore taking their guns out of the fight. For the shielded guys, you'll need to still be careful and stick to your ideas. If I'm mano a bugger-o however, I like to wait for them to get close to deliver a melee attack.

The final thing I would add, general speaking to any solo Firefight strategy, is utilizing the sniper rifle early on. Early in a round, when Catch is on I always use it to take out Grunts from afar, and then switching to gravity hammer for the Jackals. When Brutes show up, PP/Sniper Rifle is a good way to save your other headshot rounds, particularly carbine for Tilted Brutes. Until Mythic turns on, one body shot with shields down is enough. Plus, it's an easy way to get sniper related sprees. Generally, finding ammo never seems to be a problem when playing solo, but in the fourth set and higher it's good to make the most of what you have.

Book my Face!

Message Index

Replies:

Firefight Solo Guide: CraterMonochron 10/29/09 2:48 p.m.
     Hope it's okay...Louis Wu 10/29/09 3:34 p.m.
           Re: Hope it's okay...FyreWulff 10/29/09 4:06 p.m.
                 Re: Hope it's okay...SonofMacPhisto 10/29/09 4:28 p.m.
     Re: Firefight Solo Guide: CraterSonofMacPhisto 10/29/09 4:27 p.m.
           Re: Firefight Solo Guide: CraterMonochron 10/29/09 6:23 p.m.
                 Re: Firefight Solo Guide: CraterSonofMacPhisto 10/29/09 10:05 p.m.
     Re: Firefight Solo Guide: CraterThe More Deluded 10/29/09 4:35 p.m.
     Re: Firefight Solo Guide: CraterJR the Great 10/29/09 5:56 p.m.
           Re: Firefight Solo Guide: CraterMonochron 10/29/09 6:09 p.m.
     Re: Firefight Solo Guide: Craterdaypay------WebKitFormBoundaryCALEzEwoTUxc1+eM 10/29/09 7:05 p.m.
           Re: Firefight Solo Guide: CraterSonofMacPhisto 10/29/09 9:56 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.