glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Do I get a sense of distain from a bit of it?
Posted By: GrimBrother One <easterling.jeff@gmail.com>Date: 6/30/09 5:13 p.m.

In Response To: Trying to make Halo Wars look like Halo... (GrimBrother One)

Especially interesting when coupled with the comments from Ryan about Halo Wars in the recent Seattle article...

From the HW dev blog:

"First thing we always do is start gathering as much reference material as we can find; downloading screenshots from the internet, getting marketing material from Microsoft, and the most obvious one, asking Bungie for all their art files. That last one seems like a no brainer right? After all we are both part of Microsoft and they own everything, right? Nope. As it turns out it’s really hard to get in contact with someone at another studio to provide assistance, when that company was behind schedule on their latest installment of Halo AND we had no idea about the negotiations they were having with Microsoft about becoming an independent studio again. It didn’t take long to realize that our concept department would be on their own in figuring out this art style"

Message Index

Replies:

Trying to make Halo Wars look like Halo...GrimBrother One 6/30/09 5:06 p.m.
     Do I get a sense of distain from a bit of it?GrimBrother One 6/30/09 5:13 p.m.
           Re: Do I get a sense of distain from a bit of it?Leviathan 6/30/09 8:58 p.m.
                 Re: Do I get a sense of distain from a bit of it?sharpsniper99 7/1/09 6:42 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.