Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Machinima of Tsavo Highway
Posted By: RocksliderDate: 9/29/08 2:28 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Machinima of Tsavo Highway (The Handmade Hero)

: The arbiter is a stone cold killer! He's using the fuel rod gun on grunts
: about two feet away around the three minute mark

Serves 'em right for being such a rediculous shape. I mean come on, funny little legs like that and a fin-shaped backpack that was clearly designed to be laughed at? It's just asking for trouble.

As for the movie, the first few minutes in the darkness seemed a bit dull, and the subsequent intro/credit sequence was painfully slow and lacked any impact. But then we're into the action and things pick up nicely. I liked some of the cinematography but felt it was sometimes spoilt by excessive camera shake. That was just for style I expect, but I do still want to be able to see stuff! One of the most memorable shots was where the two hogs launch over a jump, just past where the first two sniper Jackals lurk. I hate those guys!

I don't know what that music was, but it was rousing and got my interest. On the minus side though, it heavily muted the glorious sounds of battle. It was disappointing that the movie ended part way through the level. I suspect it was just to make the movie small enough to go on YouTube, but it was a pity.

Overall verdict: I'd like to see more of this sort of thing, but with less camera shake and more battle sounds.

Bad Cyborg

Message Index

Replies:

Machinima of Tsavo HighwaySonofMacPhisto 9/29/08 2:28 a.m.
     Re: Machinima of Tsavo HighwayThe Handmade Hero 9/29/08 9:15 a.m.
           Correction: it's the five minute mark *NM*The Handmade Hero 9/29/08 9:16 a.m.
           Re: Machinima of Tsavo HighwayRockslider 9/29/08 2:28 p.m.
           Re: Machinima of Tsavo HighwaySonofMacPhisto 9/29/08 4:28 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.