Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Phoenix... right?
Posted By: Kalis <nfarmer@chat.carleton.ca>Date: 7/23/01 5:13 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Phoenix... right? (vector40)

: I'm not quite sure what you mean. Do you mean the Phoenix what have been very
: similar to Myth III, had Bungie developed the latter? We don't even know
: anything about it.

I forget exactly when we first found out about Phoenix, but I do believe it was shown to the press at E3 2000, and mention was made in some magazines of how it wowed them even more than the Halo vid.

News has been circulating for at least a year and a half, then, and one of the first mentions of it called it Fantasy Siege, which was used interchangeably with Phoenix. The general understanding was that it was going to be in the Myth Universe, only using the Halo engine (which was originally going to be used in a Sci-Fi RTS, btw) and focussing on siege warfare and stuff, hence the trebuchets et al on phoenix.bungie.org. Then the buyout came along, Myth and Oni were sold to Take Two, Mumbo Jumbo started developing Myth3, and the general consensus became that Phoenix would still be a fantasy game but now set in a new universe as the Myth one was taken.

That is it's history, as far as I recall it.

Phoenix and Myth3 would have been one and the same, had Bungie kept the properties to the Myth franchise.

Message Index

Replies:

Bungie's next gamePicky 7/23/01 9:57 a.m.
     One more thingPicky 7/23/01 10:00 a.m.
     Phoenix... right? *NM*Yosr 7/23/01 10:00 a.m.
           Re: Phoenix... right?Picky 7/23/01 10:12 a.m.
                 Re: Phoenix... right?Kalis 7/23/01 11:56 a.m.
                       Re: Phoenix... right?vector40 7/23/01 2:49 p.m.
                             Re: Phoenix... right?Kalis 7/23/01 4:58 p.m.
                                   Re: Phoenix... right?vector40 7/23/01 5:05 p.m.
                                         Re: Phoenix... right?Kalis 7/23/01 5:13 p.m.
                                               Re: Phoenix... right?Matt 7/23/01 6:07 p.m.
                                                     Re: Phoenix... right?Kalis 7/23/01 6:47 p.m.
                                                           Re: Phoenix... right?vector40 7/23/01 7:12 p.m.
                                                     Re: Phoenix... right?Picky 7/23/01 10:13 p.m.
     Re: Rocket LauncherKalis 7/23/01 11:58 a.m.
           Re: Rocket LauncherPicky 7/23/01 10:14 p.m.
     Re: Bungie's next gameCunbelin The Trained Munki 7/24/01 3:34 a.m.
           Re: Bungie's next gamePicky 7/24/01 10:02 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.