Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Oh, better...
Posted By: stanDate: 4/8/08 10:03 p.m.

In Response To: Ah-Maze-ING! (evildoctorwill)

The cone is funny, but I'd have to imagine it was expected by Bungie (why else would they have packed the area surrounding fusion coils with chairs and cones and other potential projectiles [unless they made changes after the first cone incident, I don't know]). But I doubt they ever expected this kind of AI behavior to cause the player's death. It was probably just put in there as a fun realism-building behavior (like when the Arbiter climbs crates to get a better shot). But then he goes and kills the player in his zeal to clear his path.

I really want to see this guy (or someone else he authorizes to use the footage) make a machinima short out of this. We open on a survey of the flood, maybe a frenetic montage of scuttling infection forms, attacking combat forms, and lurking carriers. Real dramatic. Then we cut to a infection form infecting a dead marine, and as he gets up, you rotate the camera around to show the MC standing silhouetted in the doorway with his shotgun out, ready to unload. As he's standing there, we hear a primal roar, and the camera cuts to a front-on shot of the Arbiter barreling into the room, kicking tables out of the way like a madman. Then a dramatic close up of his foot kicking the crate, followed by a wide, high-angle shot tracking the crate in slow-mo as it flies towards the chief. Then, abrupt-like we pop back into normal speed as the crate strikes the Chief, and he goes down with a subdued 'hmpf.' Back to a wide, high angle shot looking down over the Arbiter's shoulder as he walks slowly towards the fallen Chief. Finally, we cut to a low-angle shot looking towards the doorway from outside. In the corner of the shot, in the immediate foreground, you can just see a section of the chief's helmet. Sticking with that angle, we see the Arbiter lean over, look down at the Chief, pause, and then ask tentatively "Chief?... [pause] Oooh."

Cut to rock song and credits.

Message Index

Replies:

Betrayed! ...By the Arbiter?AfRo SaUcE 4/8/08 4:39 p.m.
     That is AWESOME!DiscipleN2k 4/8/08 6:12 p.m.
           That IS awesome...stan 4/8/08 6:47 p.m.
                 Re: That IS awesome...elpolloguapo 4/8/08 6:58 p.m.
                       Ah-Maze-ING!evildoctorwill 4/8/08 8:01 p.m.
                             Re: Ah-Maze-ING!elpolloguapo 4/8/08 8:11 p.m.
                                   Re: Ah-Maze-ING!Sep7imus [subnova] 4/8/08 9:24 p.m.
                                         Re: Ah-Maze-ING!elpolloguapo 4/8/08 9:33 p.m.
                                               Re: Ah-Maze-ING!AfRo SaUcE 4/8/08 9:52 p.m.
                                                     Re: Ah-Maze-ING!elpolloguapo 4/8/08 9:55 p.m.
                             Oh, better...stan 4/8/08 10:03 p.m.
                                   Re: Oh, better...AfRo SaUcE 4/8/08 10:06 p.m.
                             Re: Ah-Maze-ING!Blackstar 4/8/08 11:13 p.m.
                                   Re: Ah-Maze-ING!evildoctorwill 4/9/08 6:13 a.m.
                                   Re: Ah-Maze-ING!AfRo SaUcE 4/9/08 6:30 a.m.
                                         Re: Ah-Maze-ING!Louis Wu 4/9/08 6:53 a.m.
                                               That was awesome! *NM*MikeMan445 4/9/08 9:40 a.m.
                                   I still never got my Power Drain Death Medal... ;) *NM*Don 4/9/08 1:40 p.m.
                                         Re: I still never got my Power Drain Death Medal..Blackstar 4/9/08 11:03 p.m.
                                               Re: I still never got my Power Drain Death Medal..Don 4/22/08 11:00 a.m.
                                                     Re: I still never got my Power Drain Death Medal..Don 4/22/08 6:38 p.m.
     Freaking Hysterical! *NM*JeSteR 343 4/9/08 10:33 a.m.
     Re: Betrayed! ...By the Arbiter?The Loot 4/9/08 11:24 a.m.
     Re: Betrayed! ...By the Arbiter?beans10001 4/9/08 11:26 a.m.
           Re: Betrayed! ...By the Arbiter?AfRo SaUcE 4/9/08 4:19 p.m.
     Re: Betrayed! ...By the Arbiter?Morpheus 4/9/08 5:50 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.