Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

There isn't much new info after H2....
Posted By: Fires7orm <cj_speed3@yahoo.com>Date: 1/1/08 10:38 p.m.

In Response To: Re: That said... (Cody Miller)

Halo CE gave you the story of Halo: the Covenant conflict with the humans, the Covenant's need/want to activate the rings, the reason the rings exist (the Flood) and what they do.

Halo 2 expanded the story: The war is pushed to earth (our last stand), we learn of the Covenant inner workings and political motivation (Truth and the prophets backstabbing the Elites), we learn of the Arbiter and his discovering of the truth of the Halos (basically a mini evolution of the MC). Twords the end, the Elites have broken off from the Covenant and joined us to stop Truth.

Halo 3 doesn't have much story wise to tell, it just ends the Halo story arc: Stop Truth, learn that we are the decedents of the Forerunners, the Covenant have been broken up and the war is over, the threat of the rings and the Flood has been stopped (for now).

Its not so much telling a story, as it is finishing one. If you would play Halo CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3 at once, one right after the other in order, then it would be one complete story arc. But as a player who never played Halo CE or Halo 2, Jumping into Halo 3 and trying to understand the Who's, What's, and Why's is like picking up a random novel or book and start reading it 2/3 of the way through it. That's why they complain about the cut-scenes and the H3 story, Bungie had to make a game with not a whole lot of story left to tell.

But, in my opinion, the H3 cut-scenes were the most beautiful I yet seen. I had a few "wow" moments watching them (the cut-scene after the end of the level floodgate was one of my favorite).

Message Index

Replies:

Squabbling with Halo's StoryLoneRanger 2.5 1/1/08 7:37 p.m.
     Link please? *NM*Siber 1/1/08 9:00 p.m.
           Link, indeed.Louis Wu 1/1/08 9:05 p.m.
                 That said...Louis Wu 1/1/08 9:05 p.m.
                       Re: That said...LoneRanger 2.5 1/1/08 9:33 p.m.
                       Re: That said...Cody Miller 1/1/08 9:58 p.m.
                             There isn't much new info after H2....Fires7orm 1/1/08 10:38 p.m.
                                   I blame the fanboys *sp Halo 3*Jillybean 1/2/08 1:53 p.m.
                                         Re: I blame the fanboys *sp Halo 3*Cody Miller 1/2/08 4:33 p.m.
                                               Re: I blame the fanboys *sp Halo 3*OldNick 1/2/08 5:48 p.m.
                                                     Re: I blame the fanboys *sp Halo 3*Jillybean 1/2/08 8:23 p.m.
                                                           Re: I blame the fanboys *sp Halo 3*reprobate 1/2/08 9:55 p.m.
                                                           Re: I blame the fanboys *sp Halo 3*Narcogen 1/2/08 10:13 p.m.
                                         Re: I blame the fanboys *sp Halo 3*Peptuck 1/2/08 11:23 p.m.
                                               Re: I blame the fanboys *sp Halo 3*Jillybean 1/3/08 8:43 p.m.
                                                     Re: I blame the fanboys *sp Halo 3*Narcogen 1/4/08 7:24 a.m.
                                                           Re: I blame the fanboys *sp Halo 3*Endbringer 1/5/08 4:59 a.m.
                                                                 Re: I blame the fanboys *sp Halo 3*scarab 1/5/08 8:56 a.m.
                                                                       Re: I blame the fanboys *sp Halo 3*LoneRanger 2.5 1/5/08 10:10 a.m.
                                                                       Re: I blame the fanboys *sp Halo 3*Narcogen 1/5/08 9:04 p.m.
                                                                             Re: I blame the fanboys *sp Halo 3*Endbringer 1/6/08 2:17 a.m.
                             Re: That said...Gravemind 1/1/08 11:20 p.m.
                                   Re: That said...Cthulhu117 1/2/08 6:19 p.m.
                             Re: That said...Charley117 1/2/08 1:31 p.m.
                                   Re: That said...Cody Miller 1/2/08 1:50 p.m.
                                         Re: That said...reprobate 1/2/08 9:59 p.m.
                                         Re: That said...Charley117 1/2/08 11:36 p.m.
                                               Re: That said...reprobate 1/3/08 2:58 a.m.
                             Re: That said...Zeouterlimits 1/2/08 1:51 p.m.
                                   Re: That said...X42-C1 1/2/08 2:10 p.m.
                                         Re: That said...KaiserKold 1/2/08 9:50 p.m.
                                               Re: That said...Zeouterlimits 1/3/08 10:35 a.m.
     Re: Squabbling with Halo's StoryWarp2 1/4/08 10:59 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.