Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: The Greatest Video Game Heroes Of All Time
Posted By: Kanbo <the.kanbo@gmail.com>Date: 8/29/07 7:21 p.m.

In Response To: The Greatest Video Game Heroes Of All Time (Devin Olsen)

Kratos- Not sure how they defined a hero, but I'm sure that Kratos, driven by nothing more than his own desires, really constitutes as a hero; he does just as much bad as he does good.

MC- Yeah, he might be a hero, but the article makes him sound more like Steven Segal than the rugged, hard soldier he is.

Pac-Man- The only thing in Pac-Man that comes close to being plot in the least bit is the fact that all the characters have names. Who says that Pac-Man is a hero? All he does is steal food all day and eat ghosts that are otherwise not hurting anyone.

Jimmy Hopkins- Nothing to say here; I know nothing about the game...

Leon- Now, here's someone I can live with. He's a pretty big hero, I would say, but again, he's really not the kind of 'playa' that Maxim wants him to be.

Nathan Hale- Again, I'm not familiar with Resistance, but since when is Nathan a nancy-boy name?

Duke Nukem- Ok, Duke is really great and all, but teh fact that he kills aliens all day while being quite the man's man doesn't make him much of a hero.

Gordon Freeman - Ok, I can agree with this one quite a bit, actually...

Sonic - So he did a great job at fighting Robotnik, and he had some pretty good games back when, but it's been quite a long while since he's been in anything really good. The least they could do would be to feature a screenshot of him in a game that people enjoyed...

Dirk- A valiant man, I'm sure, but he's quite a few years before my time, so my knowledge is limited...

Mario - As much of a zealous following he's got, he's done some pretty heroic and great things in a lot of his games. It sounds cliche, but if anyone deserves to be on there, it's him.

Pitfall Harry - "...but Harry had no weapons. None. Unlike today´s candy-assed heroes." Did they forget about Mario already? If I remember corectly, a quarter of the characters on this list don't use weapons. And has Harry done anything that resembles heroics?

This article is a good reason why the media shouldn't be allowed to touch games without proper training.

And maybe a supervisor.

Message Index

Replies:

The Greatest Video Game Heroes Of All TimeDevin Olsen 8/29/07 5:30 p.m.
     Not another one.. *NM*Izzinatah 8/29/07 6:07 p.m.
     Re: The Greatest Video Game Heroes Of All TimeThe More Deluded 8/29/07 6:15 p.m.
           Re: The Greatest Video Game Heroes Of All TimeYoungblood 8/29/07 7:06 p.m.
           Re: The Greatest Video Game Heroes Of All TimeSimpsons Rule 8/29/07 7:08 p.m.
                 Re: The Greatest Video Game Heroes Of All TimeThe More Deluded 8/30/07 9:18 a.m.
                       additional: ...by being near big explosions a lot *NM*The More Deluded 8/30/07 9:21 a.m.
     Re: The Greatest Video Game Heroes Of All TimeKanbo 8/29/07 7:21 p.m.
     Not the only list on Maxim with Halo featuredweephun 8/30/07 4:35 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.