Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Grunt snort, anyone?
Posted By: RocksliderDate: 7/29/07 1:18 p.m.

In Response To: Grunty GF (Rockhard)

Talking of impressions (and here I'm owning up to possibly more than is good for a fellow's reputation), I reckon I can do a pretty fair Grunt snort, complete with the bit of extremely rapid breathing they do just beforehand. It's like "ca-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha... SNORT!" Wasn't easy to spell that rapid breathing, but maybe you know what I mean; Grunt fans will anyway. I wonder if Captain Spark has a recording. I'm not sure he's ever posted recordings of non-verbal sounds such as that.

As for the snort, that's like some sort of piggish oink. Except, I didn't grow up on a farm and I'm not completely sure I know what a pig snort goes like, come to think of it. I'm probably getting my idea of a pig snort more from on the Muppets in fact - that's how much of a wildlife expert I am.

Anyway, you can hear this snort in many places where Grunts are just hanging around waiting, but one place in particular comes to mind. After you've crossed the first of the twin bridges in AOTCR, then tackled a room of patrolling Elites, there are some supplies including a rocket launcher, and then a long narrow corridor. Just as you near the right turn into that corridor, Grunts and Jackals are triggered. If you wait out of sight, you'll hear some excellent snorting and other noises. Oh, and after a while you'll probably get a cute line such as "Where did he go?" or "Can't find him!" I've hung around there for ages just listening to the little guys toddling about and generally being grunty. Awwwww....

Ooops, sorry Penguin Boy er, I mean Pedro the Penguin; I slipped into big-softie mode there for a moment. Don't worry; the cute widdle grunties will probably be getting a stern injection of needles in due course, I promise.

P.S: And just after that corridor is the glorious Seventh room, a highly rewarding destination after you're done with the Grunt-listening.

Bad Cyborg - Grunt spoken here

Message Index

Replies:

Unleash your inner GruntRockslider 7/29/07 5:49 a.m.
     LRL!ActiveCamoElite 7/29/07 8:05 a.m.
           Grunty GFRockhard 7/29/07 9:04 a.m.
                 Re: Grunty GFActiveCamoElite 7/29/07 9:35 a.m.
                       Re: Grunty GFPedro the Penguin 7/29/07 9:56 a.m.
                       Re: Grunty GFRockhard 7/29/07 10:00 a.m.
                             Re: Grunty GFRockhard 7/29/07 10:05 a.m.
                                   Re: Grunty GFPedro the Penguin 7/29/07 10:41 a.m.
                                         Re: Grunty GFRockhard 7/29/07 10:56 a.m.
                 Re: Grunty GFRockslider 7/29/07 11:47 a.m.
                       Re: Grunty GFRockhard 7/29/07 1:42 p.m.
                             Re: Grunty GFRockslider 7/29/07 5:08 p.m.
                 Grunt snort, anyone?Rockslider 7/29/07 1:18 p.m.
                       Re: Grunt snort, anyone?Rockhard 7/29/07 1:47 p.m.
                             Re: Grunt snort, anyone?Rockslider 7/29/07 5:27 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.