Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: P3nny Arcade
Posted By: chargeorge <chargeorge@gmail.com>Date: 5/14/07 1:47 p.m.

In Response To: P3nny Arcade (Stuntmutt)

: http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2007/20070514.jpg
: Pertinent news post.
: http://www.penny-arcade.com/
: Come on. Who called Tycho a faggot? Chavez? KP?

Probably the best explanation of the beta I've seen from someone outside the Halo community.

Halo 3 will populate your friends' tabs in the dashboard with Halo specific data while you play, giving you options to check out their Halo specific information or join their party directly. It's integration right down to the metal, altering the UI options based on the game. Like Halo 2, the sequel clearly intends to be a platform showpiece. I understand that the gameplay feels the same to most people who have played it, but Halo 2 didn't resonate with us the way this does. I will continue to analyze this in an effort to provide you with something useful.

This really goes to the fundamental problem with Gamespot, IGN and Kotaku's coverage of the beta. They can't seem to articulate anything other than "It's like Halo 2." I dunno, most places seem to have come from a place where they didn't really *care* about Halo, so Halo 3 feels very similar. Compared PA came from a place where they didn't *like* halo 2, but they care enough to feel out the differences, and enjoy the experience.

It also helps that PA is generally in step with the "intangibles" of games, which the Beta does supremely well. Compared to most of the gaming media, that can barely get a handle on basic weapon balance concepts.

Char

Message Index

Replies:

P3nny ArcadeStuntmutt 5/14/07 1:27 p.m.
     Re: P3nny Arcademercury 5/14/07 1:44 p.m.
     Re: P3nny Arcadechargeorge 5/14/07 1:47 p.m.
     Re: P3nny ArcadeGrey Wolf 5/14/07 1:51 p.m.
     Re: P3nny ArcadeMiguel Chavez 5/14/07 2:02 p.m.
           Re: P3nny ArcadeMilhouse 5/14/07 2:19 p.m.
                 Re: P3nny Arcademercury 5/14/07 2:30 p.m.
                       Re: P3nny ArcadeMilhouse 5/14/07 2:42 p.m.
           Re: P3nny Arcadecalmkiller 5/14/07 2:52 p.m.
                 Re: P3nny ArcadeMa1agate 5/14/07 3:45 p.m.
                       Re: P3nny ArcadeMiguel Chavez 5/14/07 7:26 p.m.
                             Re: P3nny ArcadeAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 5/14/07 10:43 p.m.
           Re: P3nny ArcadeSpartan Jag 5/14/07 4:52 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.