glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: No Halo Movie.....4 Million Preorders....
Posted By: The Cancers <the_human_wick_effect@yahoo.com>Date: 5/10/07 2:47 p.m.

In Response To: No Halo Movie.....4 Million Preorders.... (calmkiller)

: I still don't understand how no one will pick up the Halo movie when there
: have already been 4 million pre orders 6 months before the game comes out.
: I mean with this information alone it tells you that there is a huge fan
: base. And that is just in North America. Cheap power controlling movie
: bastards.

What I don't understand, is how Halo has been so successful in selling CONSOLES on top of the actual games (i know more people who bought xboxes for halo or halo 2, or 360's in prep for halo 3 than any other game since... super mario for the original nes), and they're going to let it slip through the cracks while they allow Gears of War, which is such a relatively new IP (it's not even a year old yet, is it?), to be made into a movie. It's been rumored that if GoW does well in theaters, then there will probably be a better chance that someone will pick back up the Halo movie project. It just seems backwards to me.
I can guarantee you that I know at least 25 people off the top of my head who would love to go see a halo movie, who wouldn't even know what GoW is- and those are NON-gamers. GoW just seems like so much more of a gamble in putting it on film. Is it popular amongst hardcore 360 players? Yes. It's sold (rumored) 4 million copies? How many people have played halo over the years (be it ce, 2, or waiting for 3), whose collective jaw would drop at the sight of a Halo Movie poster at their local cinema? Halo Combat Evolved sold 5 million copies. Halo 2 sold 7 million copies. Now 4 million copies of Halo 3 has been pre-ordered already.It would seem that studios would be fighting each other to make Halo into a film adaptation. Alas.

Anyways, I'm with you.

Message Index

Replies:

No Halo Movie.....4 Million Preorders....calmkiller 5/10/07 11:29 a.m.
     Re: No Halo Movie.....4 Million Preorders....The Cancers 5/10/07 2:47 p.m.
           Re: No Halo Movie.....4 Million Preorders....Alexander 5/10/07 3:10 p.m.
                 Re: No Halo Movie.....4 Million Preorders....The Cancers 5/10/07 3:35 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.