Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Long Story Ahead...
Posted By: LoneRanger 2.5 <m4sherman7@yahoo.com>Date: 11/16/06 10:01 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Is it bad if Halo changed my life? (Dustbunny27)

Bungie in general changed my life. Lookout, this is a long story.

It all started back in June 2004. One of my friends said, "Halo's like...the best game ever."

I respond, "What is that? Some sort of stupid Pokemon game?" I ate my words later that very same day.

My brother walked in the door with what else, Halo: Combat Evolved. I'm thinking, Oh my God! What an idiot. I hooked up the box, and my addiction to Halo.

At that point in my life I hardly played any video games, had MLB aspirations, and couldn't care less about reading & writing.

I came back to school the next day: "Halo is the best game ever!" Maybe it was the emotional connection I felt with the characters, maybe it was the simplistic beauty of the environments, maybe it was the gameplay, or maybe it was the engrossing story line.

Any way, I ended up buying the first three books before even beating the game (343 Guilty Spark, may I add). I gobbeled up The Fall of Reach and soon found myself in love with The Flood. That's what drove me to complete the game, the rich plot deep within the cover story. Soon after came First Strike.

I was now ready for Halo 2. But I went to pick it up in September, still not an avid gamer. I beat the second game three months later, just before Christmas. Later on, I got the Limited Collector's Edition beside the Multiplayer Map Pack. I was now a gamer.

Then, HBO was discovered for me to see. I "published" my pondering about Relic, a few weeks later I talked to CK. I noticed the interaction between Bungie and regular forumgoers, and I my view was changed.

Now, I work on a web site. Now, I write stories. Now, I know a good story from a bad one. Now, I'm addicted to Bungie. Now, I'm a gamer. Now, I'm living some of the greatest moments of my young life. Now, I want to be a game developer. Now, I truly appreciate all the little decisions in life, and all the ones that are out of our control, but still effect us.

I don't know who helped me to this point, but I'm truly grateful.

United Nations Space Command Defense Force

Message Index

Replies:

Is it bad if Halo changed my life?Dustbunny27 11/16/06 9:13 p.m.
     Re: Is it bad if Halo changed my life?TelTura 11/16/06 9:17 p.m.
           Re: Is it bad if Halo changed my life?Dustbunny27 11/16/06 9:30 p.m.
                 Long Story Ahead...LoneRanger 2.5 11/16/06 10:01 p.m.
                       Re: Long Story Ahead...TelTura 11/16/06 10:20 p.m.
                       Re: Long Story Ahead...Eric Mills 11/16/06 10:27 p.m.
                             Re: Long Story Ahead...Eric Mills 11/16/06 10:35 p.m.
                                   Re: Long Story Ahead...TelTura 11/16/06 10:35 p.m.
     How Halo changed my lifePezcore343 11/16/06 10:49 p.m.
     Join the club. How Halo has affected me, musically[AMS] GreyThor 11/16/06 11:12 p.m.
     Halo's a life changing game...Funkmon 11/16/06 11:52 p.m.
           So THAT's how they plan on taking over the worldPezcore343 11/17/06 12:00 a.m.
                 Very likely.Funkmon 11/17/06 12:24 a.m.
           Now you mention it...Rockslider 11/18/06 2:47 p.m.
     Changes? Divorce? 11 1/2 minutes of fame? YEP!One of Bungies mindless bitches 11/17/06 12:04 a.m.
     I feel like the odd man out.Landis Mclain 11/17/06 1:48 a.m.
     lol loosers!!!1mercury 11/17/06 3:30 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.