Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Similarities in Cortana and Gravemind speech *
Posted By: Rykaziel <Rykaziel@bu.edu>Date: 9/19/06 3:48 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Similarities in Cortana and Gravemind speech * (Ross Mills [subnova])

: I honestly was stretching it in the last one. However the rest does have a
: certain... aroma.

A great idea, your original message. I think this new behavior from Cortana tells us one of two things:

a) She has become consumed by Gravemind, and is being used. Gravemind has a talent for this, as it seems to control 2401 Penitent Tangent and the re-animated Prophet of Regret easily.

or

b) The exact opposite has happened. During Gravemind's interrogation of Cortana that is assumed to occur after the end of Halo 2, Cortana managed to gather information that Gravemind had as well. She may somehow be reading the thoughts of Gravemind (as she can read the thoughts of Master Chief) and discovering the answers to the questions that we desparately seek. However, this information inside Gravemind is not easy to read, and is stored in his mind the exact same way that he speaks: in symbol, metaphor, and with his characteristic flair for dramatic presentation. Cortana is either unwilling or unable to "translate" this information as more understandable verbiage, which is why she is speaking this way.

As you can tell, I'm inclined to believe "b," and once again, awesome job on pointing out those simalarities.

Message Index

Replies:

Similarities in Cortana and Gravemind speech *SP*Ross Mills [subnova] 8/22/06 11:51 a.m.
     Re: Similarities in Cortana and Gravemind speech *maxthehedgie 9/16/06 11:15 a.m.
     Re: Similarities in Cortana and Gravemind speech *Speedhuntr 9/16/06 1:42 p.m.
           Re: Similarities in Cortana and Gravemind speech *Ross Mills [subnova] 9/16/06 2:04 p.m.
                 Re: Similarities in Cortana and Gravemind speech *Rykaziel 9/19/06 3:48 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.