Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: me likey
Posted By: Ma1agateDate: 6/6/06 10:04 a.m.

In Response To: me likey (Miguel Chavez)

: This is exactly the kind of thing that I've always envisioned for Bungie's
: games. Something that can pull folks in that don't understand the
: intricacies of the game. I say kudos!

: Spectator mode would be perfect. Hell, if they can finally do films, it would
: *all* be taken care of. I know, I'm beating a dead horse.

: - M

Well, not really. That horse has gotten a bit of life back in it since this is going to be viewed in much more of a mainstream sense than Halo already is. I think this certainly bears dicussion.

I am pleased with the direction they seem to be going in, but I think some kind of ingame spectator mode absolutely needs to be included. Showing footage from the player's point of view certainly gives some perspective on the game, but (at least for me) these pros are thinking and reacting so fast that it's hard to keep up with what they're doing. An outside-the-player view of some sort will allow viewers to get more of a sense for how plays are being constructed.

I'd like to be able to see the team working in concert as opposed to just watching through the eyes of the respective players.

Fly-throughs and in-depth analyses of the maps before the match would also be helpful for the average viewer, who may not have as much time with the game as others. Also, I understand it was a concept video, but it really seemed to be a lot of little clips mashed together and not really a cohesive picture of the match. The whole presentation doesn't need to be a non-stop blitz of action, there need to be moments of down-time here or there, just like there are in the game between plays. The average viewer isn't going to get any real sense of the flow of the gameplay otherwise.

Just my two cents.

~Ma1

Message Index

Replies:

MLG Concept Video?nof 6/5/06 8:04 p.m.
     MehJakeDaGreat 6/5/06 9:45 p.m.
     Re: MLG Concept Video?Max Power (aka- dewbe) 6/5/06 11:01 p.m.
     Too over the top.Jag @ School 6/6/06 8:24 a.m.
     me likeyMiguel Chavez 6/6/06 9:23 a.m.
           Re: me likeyMa1agate 6/6/06 10:04 a.m.
                 Re: me likeyCYBRFRK 6/6/06 11:06 a.m.
           Me tooMintz 6/6/06 1:55 p.m.
     Re: MLG Concept Video?Spartan DC-17 6/6/06 10:25 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.