Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: HALO | Redemption Credits
Posted By: Jeffrey Stoltzfus <donnie_tip@hotmail.com>Date: 4/23/06 6:51 a.m.

In Response To: HALO | Redemption Credits (Jeffrey Stoltzfus)

First, Shawn and I want to say "Thanks" for the critique, comments, and support given for this video.

"We always wanted for our movie to be seen by the HALO community but didn't know how well it would be received given how old it was and knowing how there are quite a few very impressive movies out now. I was somewhat discouraged from a few of the peer reviews but I knew that that would be the case with anything at anytime but the comments received on the forum were uplifting and instilled a deep sense of pride, satisfaction, and accomplishment. We were serious about creating a piece that was entertaining but as real as possible and we had high hopes that others would be accepting and find this as enjoyable as we do."

I also wanted to post a statement from [Shawn] in response to some critique received during the peer evaluation. This is not an attempt to lash back out [even though Shawn expresses his stance "passionately"] in anyway but intended to explain the reasoning behind the choices we placed into creating this piece.

"The only thing that I maybe agree with is the point that he makes about the third red going out to the two dead bodies, I guess we just overlooked that. It makes sense. But his rambling about the music is just that... rambling... the LOTR music in my opinion is what makes the missile strike so appealing. It's the juxtaposition of the soft, eerie music and the jarring visual element of a missile impacting a scorpion tank that makes the scene interesting. Just watch today's blockbuster movies, directors and conductors are constantly using this technique to draw focus. If you combine large action sequences with bolsterous loud music, the screen often become too busy both with audio and visual elements. The quieting of the music lends focus to the visual element enhancing the beauty and destruction caused by the missle in flight. Since we slowed the strike down, that in itself calls for a softer piece. It is essentially the calm before the storm. Both with the missile strike and the assault from the blue team."

"The other two reviews seemed fair. I agree some of the dialogue is soft and hard to understand. Sorry about the heat here, but we spent a lot of time on that and I thought it was great given the medium we were working in. I guess that is the drawback of being a director or producer, not everyone is going to like your product, even though many may have."

Message Index

Replies:

HALO | Redemption CreditsJeffrey Stoltzfus 4/20/06 2:44 p.m.
     Re: HALO | Redemption CreditsSlimby 4/20/06 4:37 p.m.
           Re: HALO | Redemption CreditsLouis Wu 4/20/06 11:42 p.m.
                 Re: HALO | Redemption CreditsMichael M. 4/21/06 7:13 a.m.
     Re: HALO | Redemption CreditsMichael Hogsett 4/21/06 8:39 p.m.
     F***ing fantasticJillybean 4/22/06 5:14 a.m.
     Re: HALO | RedemptionGGD 4/22/06 9:43 a.m.
     Re: HALO | Redemption Creditscrudeoyle 4/22/06 11:29 a.m.
     Awesome Job! :) *NM*prometheus 4/22/06 11:34 a.m.
     Re: HALO | Redemption CreditsKevin W 4/22/06 12:04 p.m.
           Re: HALO | Redemption CreditsSpartan Jag 4/22/06 12:34 p.m.
     Really amazingPontus Franzén 4/22/06 2:29 p.m.
     Great work *NM*rapture 4/22/06 5:30 p.m.
     Re: HALO | Redemption CreditsDarkninja90 4/22/06 7:39 p.m.
     Re: HALO | Redemption CreditsJeffrey Stoltzfus 4/23/06 6:51 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.