Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Well...
Posted By: stan <stantrl@gmail.com>Date: 3/5/06 3:45 a.m.

In Response To: yawn (Brodingo)

I don't think they intend it as a novel scheme. I'm not sure their reasoning (though once they do reveal the project, I'd love to ask them what exactly it was that determined when and where they'd make the announcement) but I'm sure they must have a reason.

I do agree though it does seem to be taking a long time. Now, I'm no expert on the video game industry, and I've not done any research into this kind of thing, but a year and a quarter seems like an awfully long time between the release of one project and the announcement of the other, especially since anyone interested knows that they are working on something. It's not as if they decided to take a break after Halo the Deuce; they are doing something.

Luckily they have the success of Halo and Halo 2 (not to mention all their previous games), a rabidly loyal fanbase, and a whole cartload of interested-but-not-fanatical casual players going for them, or they might have some problems. What I mean is, if the game does turn out to be Halo 3 our reaction will likely be "Oh, well, yeah, of course it is. Why didn't you tell us that six months ago?" And if it's not Halo 3 we might say "You waited a year and a half to tell us you're making this?!" It's like the boy who called, uh, awesome video game. Or maybe more like KORHAL. I don't know.

Ultimately, though, I understand that we are in no position to demand anything. They can do what they want to do. And I personally am not upset, or even frustrated; I don't have a 360, as it stands now I wouldn't be able to play whatever it is that they're making anyways. What I am saying is just what you're saing; at some point it's going to become silly.

Luckily I post this 2 am PST and nobody will read it, otherwise I would probably get some mean responses.

Message Index

Replies:

yawnBrodingo 3/5/06 3:18 a.m.
     Well...stan 3/5/06 3:45 a.m.
           Re: Well...Vironex 3/5/06 5:03 a.m.
                 Because it's the internet... *NM*DanteThePoet 3/5/06 5:12 a.m.
                       oh....Vironex 3/5/06 5:30 a.m.
                             There's a very simple reason.Stuntmutt 3/5/06 5:57 a.m.
                                   Re: There's a very simple reason.Thistle Knight 3/5/06 6:26 a.m.
                                         Re: There's a very simple reason.Cocopjojo 3/5/06 6:34 a.m.
                                         Hmm...reagan64 3/5/06 8:51 a.m.
     Re: yawnserpx 3/5/06 12:07 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.